The other side...

My wife and I have been using old Nokia handsets for thousands of years. So
last month, when the ads for the Motorola RAZR started appearing, we decided
to upgrade.
On November 30, we visited the local Cingular store (not a dealer), she got
a LG 1400 and I got a RAZR (V3). THEN I started doing the research, which
included hanging around here (newsgroup). It became apparent that the
Motorola V551 was probably a better choice. We also like the idea of having
similar handsets so accessories can be shared. We also have "hands free'
kits in the cars and like them to be interchangeable.
So on December 20, she exchanged her LG for a V551. Absolutely no hassle.
Took about 4 minutes in the store. On December 28, I did the same with the
RAZR. No hassle. No delay.

Say what you want about the low paid Customer Service folks that answer the
phones and their occasional lack of technospeak, but so far, Cingular is
looking pretty good. My two cents.

Remove NOSPAM to reply
"Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My wife and I have been using old Nokia handsets for thousands of years.
So
> last month, when the ads for the Motorola RAZR started appearing, we
decided
> to upgrade.
> On November 30, we visited the local Cingular store (not a dealer), she
got
> a LG 1400 and I got a RAZR (V3). THEN I started doing the research, which
> included hanging around here (newsgroup). It became apparent that the
> Motorola V551 was probably a better choice. We also like the idea of
having
> similar handsets so accessories can be shared. We also have "hands free'
> kits in the cars and like them to be interchangeable.
> So on December 20, she exchanged her LG for a V551. Absolutely no hassle.
> Took about 4 minutes in the store. On December 28, I did the same with
the
> RAZR. No hassle. No delay.
>
> Say what you want about the low paid Customer Service folks that answer
the
> phones and their occasional lack of technospeak, but so far, Cingular is
> looking pretty good. My two cents.

Don't know if my situation compares, since I'm coming from ATT to buy an
MPX220 on Cingular, but it's been 112 hours since they de-activated my
number to get it into the Cingular system. Every day, the techies tell me
I'm at the front of the queue, but still no service. Today, I found out my
number is finally being recognized by their system.....for billing purposes
only.

Just to let people know...not all cingular experiences are bad. My
wife and I also had ATT wireless for years and years (also with Nokia
phone). On the 26th (sunday morning ..day after christmas) we went
into a Cingular store and bought a pair of V551 phones. We switched
our plan to Cingular. We immediately made phone calls to verify the
phones could call out before leaving the store..
So far so good....... :)

"peter soldan" <pcsoldan@att.net> wrote in message
> Just to let people know...not all cingular experiences are bad. My
> wife and I also had ATT wireless for years and years (also with Nokia
> phone). On the 26th (sunday morning ..day after christmas) we went
> into a Cingular store and bought a pair of V551 phones. We switched
> our plan to Cingular. We immediately made phone calls to verify the
> phones could call out before leaving the store..
> So far so good....... :)
>

> On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:33:05 -0500, "Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >My wife and I have been using old Nokia handsets for thousands of years.
So
> >last month, when the ads for the Motorola RAZR started appearing, we
decided
> >to upgrade.
> >On November 30, we visited the local Cingular store (not a dealer), she
got
> >a LG 1400 and I got a RAZR (V3). THEN I started doing the research,
which
> >included hanging around here (newsgroup). It became apparent that the
> >Motorola V551 was probably a better choice. We also like the idea of
having
> >similar handsets so accessories can be shared. We also have "hands free'
> >kits in the cars and like them to be interchangeable.
> >So on December 20, she exchanged her LG for a V551. Absolutely no
hassle.
> >Took about 4 minutes in the store. On December 28, I did the same with
the
> >RAZR. No hassle. No delay.
> >
> >Say what you want about the low paid Customer Service folks that answer
the
> >phones and their occasional lack of technospeak, but so far, Cingular is
> >looking pretty good. My two cents.

Unless it is set up as a "delayed activation" your salesperson should ALWAYS
make test calls from and to the phone. The only caveat to this is heavy
activaion days. You should be able to send immediately after IVR but
receiving may be delayed.

Insist on it.

--
SS