The other side...

My wife and I have been using old Nokia handsets for thousands of years. So
last month, when the ads for the Motorola RAZR started appearing, we decided
to upgrade.
On November 30, we visited the local Cingular store (not a dealer), she got
a LG 1400 and I got a RAZR (V3). THEN I started doing the research, which
included hanging around here (newsgroup). It became apparent that the
Motorola V551 was probably a better choice. We also like the idea of having
similar handsets so accessories can be shared. We also have "hands free'
kits in the cars and like them to be interchangeable.
So on December 20, she exchanged her LG for a V551. Absolutely no hassle.
Took about 4 minutes in the store. On December 28, I did the same with the
RAZR. No hassle. No delay.

Say what you want about the low paid Customer Service folks that answer the
phones and their occasional lack of technospeak, but so far, Cingular is
looking pretty good. My two cents.
3 answers Last reply
More about side

    Remove NOSPAM to reply
    "Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My wife and I have been using old Nokia handsets for thousands of years.
    So
    > last month, when the ads for the Motorola RAZR started appearing, we
    decided
    > to upgrade.
    > On November 30, we visited the local Cingular store (not a dealer), she
    got
    > a LG 1400 and I got a RAZR (V3). THEN I started doing the research, which
    > included hanging around here (newsgroup). It became apparent that the
    > Motorola V551 was probably a better choice. We also like the idea of
    having
    > similar handsets so accessories can be shared. We also have "hands free'
    > kits in the cars and like them to be interchangeable.
    > So on December 20, she exchanged her LG for a V551. Absolutely no hassle.
    > Took about 4 minutes in the store. On December 28, I did the same with
    the
    > RAZR. No hassle. No delay.
    >
    > Say what you want about the low paid Customer Service folks that answer
    the
    > phones and their occasional lack of technospeak, but so far, Cingular is
    > looking pretty good. My two cents.

    Don't know if my situation compares, since I'm coming from ATT to buy an
    MPX220 on Cingular, but it's been 112 hours since they de-activated my
    number to get it into the Cingular system. Every day, the techies tell me
    I'm at the front of the queue, but still no service. Today, I found out my
    number is finally being recognized by their system.....for billing purposes
    only.

    Just to let people know...not all cingular experiences are bad. My
    wife and I also had ATT wireless for years and years (also with Nokia
    phone). On the 26th (sunday morning ..day after christmas) we went
    into a Cingular store and bought a pair of V551 phones. We switched
    our plan to Cingular. We immediately made phone calls to verify the
    phones could call out before leaving the store..
    So far so good....... :)

    "peter soldan" <pcsoldan@att.net> wrote in message
    > Just to let people know...not all cingular experiences are bad. My
    > wife and I also had ATT wireless for years and years (also with Nokia
    > phone). On the 26th (sunday morning ..day after christmas) we went
    > into a Cingular store and bought a pair of V551 phones. We switched
    > our plan to Cingular. We immediately made phone calls to verify the
    > phones could call out before leaving the store..
    > So far so good....... :)
    >

    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:33:05 -0500, "Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >My wife and I have been using old Nokia handsets for thousands of years.
    So
    > >last month, when the ads for the Motorola RAZR started appearing, we
    decided
    > >to upgrade.
    > >On November 30, we visited the local Cingular store (not a dealer), she
    got
    > >a LG 1400 and I got a RAZR (V3). THEN I started doing the research,
    which
    > >included hanging around here (newsgroup). It became apparent that the
    > >Motorola V551 was probably a better choice. We also like the idea of
    having
    > >similar handsets so accessories can be shared. We also have "hands free'
    > >kits in the cars and like them to be interchangeable.
    > >So on December 20, she exchanged her LG for a V551. Absolutely no
    hassle.
    > >Took about 4 minutes in the store. On December 28, I did the same with
    the
    > >RAZR. No hassle. No delay.
    > >
    > >Say what you want about the low paid Customer Service folks that answer
    the
    > >phones and their occasional lack of technospeak, but so far, Cingular is
    > >looking pretty good. My two cents.

    Unless it is set up as a "delayed activation" your salesperson should ALWAYS
    make test calls from and to the phone. The only caveat to this is heavy
    activaion days. You should be able to send immediately after IVR but
    receiving may be delayed.

    Insist on it.

    --
    SS