I have just bought a new pc to replace my old one. I have a windows
98 disc and a Windows XP ugrade disc.

Whats the most effective and quickest way to install windows XP on
this new pc?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Basics-Install-ftopict355532.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1125896

Assuming you dont want any files on the computer or is it brand new?

then boot from the xp cd

It will ask you to confirm that its allowed as an upgrade and you will have
to briefly put in the 98 disc while it checks

Patrick

"Patrick" wrote:
> Assuming you dont want any files on the computer or is it
> brand new?
>
> then boot from the xp cd
>
> It will ask you to confirm that its allowed as an upgrade and
> you will have
> to briefly put in the 98 disc while it checks
>
> Patrick
>
> "SvenSvenSven" wrote:
>
> > I have just bought a new pc to replace my old one. I have a
> windows
> > 98 disc and a Windows XP ugrade disc.
> >
> > Whats the most effective and quickest way to install windows
> XP on
> > this new pc?
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request