Sign in with
Your question

Remote Desktop can't connect to host machine

Last response: in Windows XP
May 3, 2006 3:03:06 PM

:x Good Morning to ALL. I am having a problem with Remote Desktop. I have set up R.D. on 2 other computers and i have assigned them each new ports. I can connect to them w/out a problem. Now on the 3rd machine i am trying to connect remotely to i recieve this error message:

The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try your connection again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator.

Now i have done the exact same thing i did on the prevous 2 computers and it worked. does anyone know what might be the problem? i am running xp pro on all computers.
May 4, 2006 1:49:13 PM

Have you checked the "Rekote Desktop Users" local group on this PC.
Maybe the list of authorized users is different ?
May 4, 2006 2:07:59 PM

Thank for the help but i found out what it was. I had to go to start, run, the type in cmd, once in the command prompt type services.msc, a new screen will appear and under terminal servies right click it and click on start. it was running and on the other machines i dont know why it wasnt running automaticaly on this one. Thanks for the help though.
!