Looking for an index

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of WIN 7 commands and where I can find it?
Example: Start/search type "Disk Management" presents a link to Disk Management console. Start/search type "cmd" opens a command line. msconfig opens ms configuration utility.

Solution
The stuff you type into the "search" box on the start menu isn't exactly a "command" in the traditional sense. "Commands" are programs you can run by typing their name in a command prompt window. You can get a list of most of them by opening a command prompt window and typing "help".

What you can type into the "search" box depends on you have in your system - it uses the MS-search index. So, for example, I can type "Stellarium" and hit enter to run the star viewer program I have installed.
The stuff you type into the "search" box on the start menu isn't exactly a "command" in the traditional sense. "Commands" are programs you can run by typing their name in a command prompt window. You can get a list of most of them by opening a command prompt window and typing "help".

What you can type into the "search" box depends on you have in your system - it uses the MS-search index. So, for example, I can type "Stellarium" and hit enter to run the star viewer program I have installed.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.