User restrictions (Home Edition)

Skeebs

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002

This is the 1st time I have used News, so if I have put this in the wrong
section, please tell me where to place it!

My friend has a 5 year old son and I have recently reinstalled Windows XP
Home as a virus killed her PC.

I have set up a limited user account for her son, that is protected by
Mcafee Privacy, so that he cannot view certain websites. However, I would
like to restrict the programs installed, so that messenger programs etc
cannot be used too.

Windows XP Home is installed. Can it be done with this Operating system???

If no, is there any 'Free' software that does this.

Your help is much appreciated. Have a great weekend!

Scott

You might want to take a look at this program:

In the "OE and Windows Messenger" section you can disable Windows
Messenger.

--
Nepatsfan