elix

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Hi all,

I'm runing an Intel Core 2 Duo 6600, Windows seems to see both cores, and there are two cores under Device Manager showing up. However, when I run CPU-Z on this, the processor selection is disabled. Any idea's on why? I just want to make sure I have everything setup properly. Updated BIOS already.

ajfink

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Hi all,

I'm runing an Intel Core 2 Duo 6600, Windows seems to see both cores, and there are two cores under Device Manager showing up. However, when I run CPU-Z on this, the processor selection is disabled. Any idea's on why? I just want to make sure I have everything setup properly. Updated BIOS already.

Because both cores are identical and it's in one socket, there's no need to be able to select both. Only older versions from when dual-core processors first came out allows you to switch between them, because prior to that, any system with two logical cores (besides Hyperthreading P4s) were dual- or quad-socket machines.

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Hi all,

Well, don't mean to sound like an ass, but it's because you only have one processor...
It should say "Cores: 2" right next to it though.

elix

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah I guess it was a pretty dumb question. All of the screenshots i've seen had the capability of selecting the core. So I just assumed.