KVM to connect 2 PC to 1 screen + Keyboard + mouse + sound..

HI guys,
I'm getting confuse what to . Havve bought 1 which wasnt good enough & returned it back..The point is to ONNECT 2 PC's TO 1 SCREEN with keyboard and mouse + sound.
Some 1 suggest Belkin SOHO 2-PORT KVM SWITCH then I read a comment, which wasnt good.
Let me know your suggestion..
Tnx
5 answers Last reply
More about connect screen keyboard mouse sound
  1. I've have my two computers connected very nicely with the following products

LINKSKEY LKU-A02 USB KVM-in-the-Cable Switch $17.99
    http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=75809

USB 2.0 Datalink-Networking Turbo Link Cable $16.99
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1272165&Sku=P511-1554&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&CMP=OTC-GOOGLEBASE

You plug the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speaker into the Linkskey. Plug the Linkskey into a USB and monitor plug in each computer. Then switch the monitor etc between computers by either pressing a button on the box or pressing a keyboard hotkey. Works perfectly. Only thing - if you ever roam outside Windows, only the monitor switches.

The Datalink plugs into a USB in each computer. Install the software in each. Then, both softwares show an explorer for both computers at once. Drag and drop to transfer files very quickly. I haven't been able to get this to work unless I open both softwares and then plug the second USB in after that. Then it works fine.
  2. Tnx for your ideá sharing here with me... IU couldn't find this product hyere in DK.. I study Belkin SOHO 2-Port DVI KVM Switch for about over 100€..
    Don't know what is your opinion about it??
  3. The Belkin looks like a similar product to the LKU-A02. You do need a USB keyboard, USB mouse, DVI monitor, and two extra cables. The problem is it apparently costs $245US at Belkin against $18US for the LKU-A02 at Axiontech. If so, I think the Belkin is way too expensive. See http://www.axiontech.com/international.php for international orders of the LKU-A02.
  4. Quote:
    HI guys,
    I'm getting confuse what to . Havve bought 1 which wasnt good enough & returned it back..The point is to ONNECT 2 PC's TO 1 SCREEN with keyboard and mouse + sound. Some 1 suggest Belkin SOHO 2-PORT KVM SWITCH then I read a comment, which wasnt good.

You never mentioned whether you were using VGA or DVI. There's plenty of stuff that works OK with VGA but DVI is a bit tougher.

Re DVI, I've heard lots of bad things about the Belkin.

I tried a Black Box DVI unit and surprisingly had a poor experience that Black Box insists they've never encountered. We swapped everything - cables, unit, power supply - I even did a little video card switcheroo - nothing helped. Very peculiar.

I should have checked with my peers at the office before I bought the Black Box. They recommended an Avocent DVI unit which after setup performs flawlessly, except that it pretty much demands a USB keyboard. I tried my old IBM clickety-clacker with a low-cost PS2 to USB converter and while the keyboard generally worked OK, the hot-key switch routine for the KVM would not function.

-Brad
  5. Hell again,
    This about AVG. Here is link for the one I interested but over 120$ almost. Dono what is your opinion about it...
Ask a new question

Read More

Mice KVM Keyboards Components