Intel Users Less Intelligent Than AMD

Eviltwin17

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
hahahaha, now obviously there is a strong correlation but its not that intel processors cause this...... its just that more people use intel than AMD because intel advertises up the butt and AMD does not advertise all that much.... So you could ask an average everyday user who AMD is and they wouldnt be able to tell you..... but they would be able to tell you about intel because of the insane in your face advertising.

runswindows95

Distinguished
Sad but true. Working retail, I can vouch for that article. Here's some classic Intel "knowledge" I heard from customers:

"Isn't the Celeron faster than an Athlon?"

"All I want in my system is a 3.6Ghz Pentium 4." "What are you planning on doing with the system?" "Checking my email, that's it!"

"Is it true Windows won't run on AMD chips?"

"Office XP won't run on AMD, so I don't wan it!"

"This Athlon you sold me is no faster online than my old Pentium 3!" "Sir, the problem is you're on dial-up, which is the factor on how fast you can go online." "Well, AOL told me it's because their software doesn't support AMD!"

For everyone who reads this article, DO KEEP IN MIND it was a survey done with the average computer user, such as Grandma Jones, not ubergeeky Joes such as ourselves.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
hahahaha, now obviously there is a strong correlation but its not that intel processors cause this...... its just that more people use intel than AMD because intel advertises up the butt and AMD does not advertise all that much.... So you could ask an average everyday user who AMD is and they wouldnt be able to tell you..... but they would be able to tell you about intel because of the insane in your face advertising.

There has always been an underdog element in tech supported by intelligent but less than well adjusted people. Most AMD fanboys are nothing more than vents for their own lifes frustrations; and unite with a company who has historically been just as whiny.

Your location suggests that you are nothing more than a vent for your life's frustrations.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I think we should make one thing clear; People who switch from AMD to Intel and vice versa seeking performance or value are the real intelligent users The ones who kept buying Netburst crap for twice as much as an A64; those are Intel ZOMBIES :lol:

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Sad but true. Working retail, I can vouch for that article. Here's some classic Intel "knowledge" I heard from customers:

"Isn't the Celeron faster than an Athlon?"

"All I want in my system is a 3.6Ghz Pentium 4." "What are you planning on doing with the system?" "Checking my email, that's it!"

"Is it true Windows won't run on AMD chips?"

"Office XP won't run on AMD, so I don't wan it!"

"This Athlon you sold me is no faster online than my old Pentium 3!" "Sir, the problem is you're on dial-up, which is the factor on how fast you can go online." "Well, AOL told me it's because their software doesn't support AMD!"

For everyone who reads this article, DO KEEP IN MIND it was a survey done with the average computer user, such as Grandma Jones, not ubergeeky Joes such as ourselves.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bloody true man; I had an Intel-oriented vendor telling me these things last week; I saw all dark and almost hit him before regaining control of myself and politely telling him that he was an idiot :D

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
if they were zombies, would that make it legal for me to take a double barrel shotgun and go zombie hunting for the good of mankind?
Don't think, but of course, that would be nice for the good of AMD :lol:
Everybody knows they're lagging behind now but in the old K8 days,... man, I just can not believe how much money they have lost from these people who wanted "a Pentium4", dead or alive, like a newborn reaching for his mother's tits, that was the onlt CPU neme they knew; blind instinct, blah :evil:

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Well, this *fact filled* survey has one phD (at least he claims he is) defending it...Mr. Shakirou himself.

That alone should give it credibility.... LOL

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Well, this *fact filled* survey has one phD (at least he claims he is) defending it...Mr. Shakirou himself.

That alone should give it credibility.... LOL

Is that who runs maxit??? I was going to apply for a blog job 8O :lol: :lol: OOPs what a bad pun. :p

Nah, the pretender does not run maxit, but he's spouting about it in his blog.

He's running out of material to make up about Intel being evil incarnate.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
So how does it feel bieng so stupid? :lol: :lol: :roll: (joking)

It is simply incredible that this crap gets out there,So much great info comes from Intel enthusiasts ,who wont blink an eye to own AMD if its better.

I think this article borders on slander. :roll:

Being stupid rocks! I can blame my stupidity for every mistake I make at work, with people, everything. LOL :lol:

Ah, it doesn't border on slander, but without any links to the actual research done, it's just dumb.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Well, at least intel users can't break pins off the CPU on a 775 package. :?

Gee.. wonder how smart I'd be using an AMD system in a holiday-inn? :lol:

There's a great percentage of home-built AMD machines than Intel machines. Corporate America is run by Intel.

So, while it may be true that AMD users have more computer smarts it's actually a good thing for Intel. AMD envies that Intel runs America, and not AMD.

PS - Don't post this flamebate crap.

pongrules

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
And if you believe this study, you are an idiot regardless of what processor you use. The article doesn't even list who did the survey.

But, if you do believe the "study" then let me qualify that I'm a drooling nincompoop with a blazing system that will crush the living daylights out of any AMD system you can build right now. Ignorance is bliss. :D

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I never went to Univ yet have an IQ of 125 when tested two years ago.....for all the good it does becuase at my age I can't remember where I layed my eyeglass. :wink:

pongrules

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Drink more alcohol. Since studies have shown that brain cells do, in fact, regenerate (albeit slower as we age) it makes sense to kill all the old ones and make room for the new ones. :D

TRENDING THREADS