fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I have been a very loyal Asus fan till now. I had a P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe board. Yes i know it is an older board but i got it a month before the new 680i came out so i will keep it till this summer. Well anyways i started having some issues with the board so i RMAed it to them. Well it takes a week to get it. Let me start from the top here i get it NO paper work describing what was wrong or what they did just an address return sheet that is IT. The paper also did include my original board's S/N and some bar codes on it. Well i take the board out to discover this thing looks horrible. I am sure i am like many others on here that spend a lot of money on computer parts, we like to keep them all brand new looking. The NB heat sink has scratches all over it and some of the fins on it have deep scratches going across the top of them, almost as if someone used a screw drive to rub on the top of it. The heatsinks on the very top of the board where the heat pipes run, have several fins that are completely bent and one of the end fins are completely broken off pretty much just connected through the bottom base. The board had sticky stuff on the back of the CPU and i mean a lot of not as if someone just had a heat sink back plate on it. And it looks like the NB heatsink has been removed/replaced and the thermal pad replaced. But whoever did it, was too lazy to even cut the pad so it fits properly. The pad shows under the heatsink when on my org. you could not see anything but the green of the actual chip and the heatsink. I guess after all this i want to know if anyone else has had anything like this happen. I mean i know you are suppose to get a refurb. but dang I would hope it would at least look somewhat new. This has made me lose a lot of faith in Asus. It looks like that EVGA 680i board will be getting bought sooner.

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
I have been a very loyal Asus fan till now. I had a P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe board. Yes i know it is an older board but i got it a month before the new 680i came out so i will keep it till this summer. Well anyways i started having some issues with the board so i RMAed it to them. Well it takes a week to get it. Let me start from the top here i get it NO paper work describing what was wrong or what they did just an address return sheet that is IT. The paper also did include my original board's S/N and some bar codes on it. Well i take the board out to discover this thing looks horrible. I am sure i am like many others on here that spend a lot of money on computer parts, we like to keep them all brand new looking. The NB heat sink has scratches all over it and some of the fins on it have deep scratches going across the top of them, almost as if someone used a screw drive to rub on the top of it. The heatsinks on the very top of the board where the heat pipes run, have several fins that are completely bent and one of the end fins are completely broken off pretty much just connected through the bottom base. The board had sticky stuff on the back of the CPU and i mean a lot of not as if someone just had a heat sink back plate on it. And it looks like the NB heatsink has been removed/replaced and the thermal pad replaced. But whoever did it, was too lazy to even cut the pad so it fits properly. The pad shows under the heatsink when on my org. you could not see anything but the green of the actual chip and the heatsink. I guess after all this i want to know if anyone else has had anything like this happen. I mean i know you are suppose to get a refurb. but dang I would hope it would at least look somewhat new. This has made me lose a lot of faith in Asus. It looks like that EVGA 680i board will be getting bought sooner.

Gigabyte has the same idea as ASUS as to exactly what condition a replacement RMA MB should look like. Send it back to them and complain.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
That is what i plan on doing early tomm morning. It is sad a huge company like Asus doesn't have 24/7 RMA service.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
I buy 2-5 asus open box asus mobos off new egg per month - only 1 out 7 or so needs to sent back to asus.

i have done this for 6 months returning 6 mobos or more in the last 6 months - each time asus send me a good working mobo. after all i take to chance to same money!

this time asus sent me back a striker mobo and it worked for 2 hours before it broke again - the "cpu int" error again!

well i sent it back on friday and on wed - a brand new stike came!

entire retail package! (you only send the mobo back)

Asus rocks Again!