babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I have a Striker Extreme and I am wondering what the intended fan is for PWR_FAN? I understand CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN, and OPT_FAN1~5. I know it's not a really big issue, but what fan is meant for PWR_FAN as listed on page 2-30 of the Asus Striker Exteme manual?

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
I have a Striker Extreme and I am wondering what the intended fan is for PWR_FAN? I understand CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN, and OPT_FAN1~5. I know it's not a really big issue, but what fan is meant for PWR_FAN as listed on page 2-30 of the Asus Striker Exteme manual?

It's for the Power Supply fan. Generally that fan doesn't actually get power from the motherboard, but often the power supply will have a wire and connector to send the fan's RPM reading to the M/B.

funkyhitman

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I have my PSU plugged into this PWR_FAN connector yet my mobo doesn't show the fan's RPM in Asus PC Probe. Any ideas why? Thanks!

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
I have my PSU plugged into this PWR_FAN connector yet my mobo doesn't show the fan's RPM in Asus PC Probe. Any ideas why? Thanks!

It should. The Antec supply I previously used with the P5W-DH (incompatible combo I know) had the connector and showed the RPM. The current Silverstone supply in that system however doesn't have that connector.