Sign in with
Your question

PWR_FAN

Last response: in Motherboards
April 3, 2007 2:51:03 AM

I have a Striker Extreme and I am wondering what the intended fan is for PWR_FAN? I understand CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN, and OPT_FAN1~5. I know it's not a really big issue, but what fan is meant for PWR_FAN as listed on page 2-30 of the Asus Striker Exteme manual?

More about : pwr fan

April 3, 2007 3:16:40 AM

Quote:
I have a Striker Extreme and I am wondering what the intended fan is for PWR_FAN? I understand CPU_FAN, CHA_FAN, and OPT_FAN1~5. I know it's not a really big issue, but what fan is meant for PWR_FAN as listed on page 2-30 of the Asus Striker Exteme manual?

It's for the Power Supply fan. Generally that fan doesn't actually get power from the motherboard, but often the power supply will have a wire and connector to send the fan's RPM reading to the M/B.
April 3, 2007 3:44:58 AM

Ohhhhhh. That's what that's for... Thanks, BustedSony!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 3, 2007 12:23:13 PM

I have my PSU plugged into this PWR_FAN connector yet my mobo doesn't show the fan's RPM in Asus PC Probe. Any ideas why? Thanks!
April 3, 2007 1:04:42 PM

Quote:
I have my PSU plugged into this PWR_FAN connector yet my mobo doesn't show the fan's RPM in Asus PC Probe. Any ideas why? Thanks!

It should. The Antec supply I previously used with the P5W-DH (incompatible combo I know) had the connector and showed the RPM. The current Silverstone supply in that system however doesn't have that connector.
April 3, 2007 1:37:30 PM

I have an antec psu and a K8V SE Deluxe but the fan just comes up as 0 in asus pc probe and any other utility.
!