Filename underline

On my new XP laptop, all filenames are underlined in Windows Explorer and
other applications, but they were not in my old XP laptop. The underlining
makes filename lists harder to read. Is there a way to turn off that feature?
--
Bruce
2 answers Last reply

    Yes.

    You have Active Desktop enabled. It allows one-click access to all you
    files, folders, and programs (effectively creating a web page from your
    desktop).

    Quickest way to disable is not what you might think. Open Windows Explorer.
    Go to Tools/Folder Options. In the General tab, select "double-click to open
    an item (single-click to select)."

    courtney

    "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On my new XP laptop, all filenames are underlined in Windows Explorer and
    > other applications, but they were not in my old XP laptop. The underlining
    > makes filename lists harder to read. Is there a way to turn off that
    > feature?
    > --
    > Bruce

    x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 07:09:04 -0700, Bruce wrote:

    > On my new XP laptop, all filenames are underlined in Windows Explorer and
    > other applications, but they were not in my old XP laptop. The underlining
    > makes filename lists harder to read. Is there a way to turn off that feature?

    Folder Optioins> General> Single Click: Choose the "underline" option that
    you prefer. I like "only when I point to them" setting. Or you can switch
    to Double Click settings where no underlining is used.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Laptops Windows Explorer Windows XP Filename