Asus P5B Deluxe BIOS Update Help

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Alright. I'm trying to learn more about overclocking and all that great stuff but theres still alot of things I'm clueless about (so please bare with me).

So I have a P5B Deluxe and before I do any overclocking I need to update my BIOS. I was looking around Asus' website but the directions werent that clear to me. So I was wondering if someone could give me some step by step directions. Also am I going to need a floppy drive? Because I dont have one.

Also on the Asus website before I update the BIOS it says I need to download a previous version before I download the latest driver but not sure which one I need to download.

Would appreciate any help or if anyone can point me in the right direction also would appreciate that.

Thanks

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
Alright. I'm trying to learn more about overclocking and all that great stuff but theres still alot of things I'm clueless about (so please bare with me).

So I have a P5B Deluxe and before I do any overclocking I need to update my BIOS. I was looking around Asus' website but the directions werent that clear to me. So I was wondering if someone could give me some step by step directions. Also am I going to need a floppy drive? Because I dont have one.

Also on the Asus website before I update the BIOS it says I need to download a previous version before I download the latest driver but not sure which one I need to download.

Would appreciate any help or if anyone can point me in the right direction also would appreciate that.

Thanks

Download the latest correct BIOS to your desktop. I would use BIOS version 1004 from ASUS website. Anything later is a BETA. Open ASUS update tool. Programs>ASUS>ASUS Update tool. From the drop down menu on ASUS Update Tool seclect 'Update BIOS From a File'. Locate the correct BIOS file you downloaded earlier to your desktop. ASUS Udate TOOL will verify you have the corrrect BIOS and flash for you. Section 4-3 of your manual.