will glueing the part to a sata connector affect...

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
well i glued my sata connecter back on to the drive and it works ( had to glue the connecter and the power on the drive). now i am wondering if the drive were to die on me, ( and since i have a 5 year warranty on the drive ) would the glued sata part affect the warranty and void the warranty?

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
well i glued my sata connecter back on to the drive and it works ( had to glue the connecter and the power on the drive). now i am wondering if the drive were to die on me, ( and since i have a 5 year warranty on the drive ) would the glued sata part affect the warranty and void the warranty?
That's actually a good question... if you don't mention the glue up front and just go ahead and mail it back I say you've got a 50/50 chance of getting a replacement back. After all, if they refuse to honor the warranty, they've still gotta ship your drive back... I'd just go through the return process, not mention the glue and hope for the best.

PaCanc

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I believe that you lost your warranty the moment the connector was damaged (by you).
But, if they don't notice your "fix", you could get a replacement.

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
I believe that you lost your warranty the moment the connector was damaged (by you).
But, if they don't notice your "fix", you could get a replacement.

yeah.... thats what i thought.

that will notice the fix because the actual sata connector plug and the power connector plug is glued ( the red wire that you plug to your mobo and the wire to the hdd ) ( nothing is glued to my mobo :) )

TRENDING THREADS