Computer keeps ringing!!!

zbik75

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
I've developed the same problem on both on my PC and my laptop since having installed the new MSN Messenger. Both keep making telephone ringing noises with no regular pattern whatsoever. Sometimes more often and at other times very rarely. It's a real pain in the ass! :evil: I've checked MSconfig, there are no weird things on startup. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. I'm firewalled and run constant virus checks with Norton. Any feedback appreciated, thanks :!:
Zbik75

Running Windows XP SP2; Pentium 4 3.2GHZ; 1GHz RAM; Norton Antivirus 2005; Encrypted Wireless network through Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I haven't been able to find anything for this problem... msn "support" page licks chunks too..

The only thing I can think of is to go into the MSN folder and delete the "phone" and "ring" wave files.. they're annoying anyway ;)

ezrabm

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Did you find a solution? I have the same problem, with XP Home, No MSN, plenty of RAM, Comodo firewall, Avast! antivirus. I regularly clean up the Registry- using AWC-

Thanks
ezrabm

TRENDING THREADS