Company of Heroes Overheats my GPU

NateKingCole

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2003
Ok, so I've been playing Oblivion for a while now, on some moderate to high settings at 1680x1050. Oblivion is fine, in the great forest I might get about 25fps, but I can deal with it, everything looks amazing.

Now, I tried Company of Heroes out last night, and I blue screened twice. Once at high settings and once at medium settings, at low settings it was alright, but my GPU was still hitting 65-70 degrees C (about 150F for you Fahrenheiters).

Now my understanding is that Oblivion is the hardest game for GPUs. So why is COH overheating my stuff? Any ideas, has anyone else experienced this in COH.

I only fooled around with the game for an hour or so, so I didn't try any of the patches. I pretty much wondering if there are know issues/nvidea problems, or if I have to just suck it up and drop my resolution something lower than 1680x1050.

cleeve

Illustrious
I'm not sure 70 degrees is considered overheating when it comes to a 7950 GPU. I know the X1900 series will routinely go into the mid-80s under stress testing with stock cooling.

Still, if you're uncomfortable with it you can always get an aftermarket cooler. but I wouldn't be positive that temperature is causing the crashing.