How to "stitch" avi files to burn onto a DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquiring

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2002
Whats the best way to "stitch" together (2) 700Mb .avi files back to back using Nero 7 so that I can burn them as one movie onto a DVD in my PC and watch an uniterrupted movie? Anyway to improve the avi quality when burning so that the video doesnt look so "analog"?

Thanks pros.

cattbert

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
As to the quality of the rendered video, the only option I know of in Nero Vision is under "more" button on the content screen, "video options" at the bottom, "DVD Video" tab, and change the encoding mode from 1-pass to 2-pass VBR. This will result in some improvement (and take longer to render), but will not be too drastic of a change. The other factor is how much video you are importing, i.e. whether it has to compress it, but two 700 mb files should not cause any degradation for a DVD length disc.

As to playing them uninterrupted, when I burn several files using Nero Vision they will play uninterrupted as long as I select "When finished playing a title ... play next title" option under "more" on the select menu screen ... no need to stitch them together as one video file first.

Alpha_Magnum

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
ConvertXtoDVD supports most popular format such Divx, Xvid, MOV, VOB, Mpeg, Mpeg4, AVI, WMV, DV and stream formats.
It converts your single files into a compliant DVD Video set of files and burns it on a DVD media.

The aspect ratio can be automatically selected or forced to a specific format. The program works for NTSC and PAL video formats and creates chapters automatically. Multiple audio tracks are supported. The version 2 uses a completely rewritten interface with subtitles support and a lot of new settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.