Strange sound during computer start. Please help!

maxpleasure

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
Dear all,

I do not know whether it is a motherboard problem or something alse but when I turn on the PC, when booting it make a sound for 5 second [rrriiiiiiiiiittttttt] and then the sound of normal BIOS [a bip one].

It is start to make a sound on booting ONLY when the PC is turned on from off position.

Strange thing is when I restart the PC, the 5 second sound is never exist and only one bip normal sound appear.

My system is stable in 24 hours Prime95 test with maximum temp is 65 C / idle 55/56 C [ambient 27 C]

It is all started during my OC period [from 2.8GHz to 3.01GHz] until now.

Please help.

maxpleasure

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
this is my setting:

430 FSB x 7= 3.010 GHz
PCI - E volt = Auto
DIMM Volt= 0.3 V
MCH= 0.3 V
FSB volt= 0.3 V
Vcore= 1.400V

That's all I did for the DS3 MB.

CPUZ record my E6300 Vcore is at 1.390V

Do you thing that is something wrong with the setting?

I have a similar motherboard and it beeps like yours just because I raised the motherboard voltage. I check all the motherboard connections, etc.

The red blinking message you probably see that your motherboard is not fully optimized is just a warning that you are overclocking, nothing else.

Nothing to be worried about.

maxpleasure

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
I have a similar motherboard and it beeps like yours just because I raised the motherboard voltage. I check all the motherboard connections, etc.

The red blinking message you probably see that your motherboard is not fully optimized is just a warning that you are overclocking, nothing else.

Nothing to be worried about.

Oh well, what a relieved!

I thought I fried something during my OC. I used a 4 inch sunon fan sticked with glue on NB.

Thanks!

maxpleasure

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2007
Hey....

I found the problem...!!!

Just disable CPU & NB fan monitoring in "PC Health Status" in BIOS menu.

Apparently since I use Scythe Ninja Plus, CPU fan running very slow so MB would detect wrong fan speed and it makes sound.

Now, there is no 5 second sound again.

Just remember to put maximum CPU temp option at 70 C [or your choise]

Hope this help!

BR