Storage card shows no files but using 150mb of storage

a b G Storage
June 30, 2005 4:39:27 PM

I have noticed that my 256mb SD card was getting filled, so when I needed to
flash my ROM, I decided to copy all files to my PC, and delete all the files
from my SD card. I have deleted all my files, but 150mb still shows as being
used. No files show, even in file explorer on my PC with check to show
hidden files. My theory right now is that it is programs that were installed
to my SD, but they are not showing up on my PPC when I try to use add/remove
programs. Is there another way besides reformatting, and of there is not,
how can I reformat without an SD card reader?

Thanks for the help.

Tim
Anonymous
a b G Storage
June 30, 2005 4:39:28 PM

Tim,

It is possible these are Pocket Internet Explorer temporary files as well.
You may want to go into PIE and clear the cache and cookies to see if that
helps you out.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Tim Callow" <tim_callow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have noticed that my 256mb SD card was getting filled, so when I needed
>to flash my ROM, I decided to copy all files to my PC, and delete all the
>files from my SD card. I have deleted all my files, but 150mb still shows
>as being used. No files show, even in file explorer on my PC with check to
>show hidden files. My theory right now is that it is programs that were
>installed to my SD, but they are not showing up on my PPC when I try to use
>add/remove programs. Is there another way besides reformatting, and of
>there is not, how can I reformat without an SD card reader?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Tim

Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 6, 2005 4:19:50 PM

150 mb's for temporary internet files on a pocketpc? Isn't that a little bit too much?

a b G Storage
July 6, 2005 5:42:39 PM

try to use third part softs like resco file explorer or Storage Tools

--
Cleverson A Izzo
www.wince.com.br

"Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!"
<management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:o v6m0WZfFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Tim,
>
> It is possible these are Pocket Internet Explorer temporary files as well.
> You may want to go into PIE and clear the cache and cookies to see if that
> helps you out.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor / Owner
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>
> "Tim Callow" <tim_callow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have noticed that my 256mb SD card was getting filled, so when I needed
>>to flash my ROM, I decided to copy all files to my PC, and delete all the
>>files from my SD card. I have deleted all my files, but 150mb still shows
>>as being used. No files show, even in file explorer on my PC with check to
>>show hidden files. My theory right now is that it is programs that were
>>installed to my SD, but they are not showing up on my PPC when I try to
>>use add/remove programs. Is there another way besides reformatting, and of
>>there is not, how can I reformat without an SD card reader?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Tim

Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 6, 2005 5:42:40 PM

fwiw, just worked with a card that had the same problem and here is what
I found.

The reason for the inaccessable storage turned out to be "recycled
files" which remained even after the "recycle bin" was emptied while
reading the card via a cardreader attached to the desktop

To check this, insert the memory card into a card reader attached to
your pc, drop to dos and type the following commands (replace "I:" with
the drive letter assigned to your card reader)

I: <enter>
CD \recycled
dir

You can delete the files by typing DEL *.* or returning to file explorer
and deleting the recycled folder _on the card_

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!