Sign in with
Your question

C2d temp train :-)

Last response: in Overclocking
April 3, 2007 8:00:31 PM

Hello

I have read the guide and just want to be certain that what i have found is correct.

E6600 running on watercooling OC'ed to 3000mhz
Vcore 1,3v (although speedfan says 1,22v)
Ambient 23c

Idle:
Speedfan
CPU (Tcase) 44c
Core 0/1 47/47c

TAT
48/47

Core Temp
47/48c
Tjunction 85c -???

100% full load with TAT
Speefan
CPU 57c
Core 0/1 59/58c

TAT
60/58c

Core Temp
59/59c
Tjunction 85c -???

So i figure i can pretty safely rely on my core 0/1 readings about 47 idle and 59 load - 12c delta..

Should i then just set my speedfan CPU temp offset by -12c? so that i get a Tcase of 32c and Tjunction of 47/47c?

If i completely misunderstood something please enlighten me :-)

Edit: Oh i forgot
Mainboard is Asus P5B-Deluxe and im running Windows Vista

More about : c2d temp train

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 4, 2007 3:50:51 AM

Please provide complete information, as shown in the Guide twice:

Quote:
Background

...when expressing Idle & Load test results, it's also necessary to define the variables such as:

Tcase = Idle & Load
Tjunction = Idle & Load, Hottest Core

Ambient = Room Temp
Chipset = Model
C2D = Model
CPU Cooler = Model
Frequency = CPU Clock
Load = Test Program
Motherboard = Model
Vcore = CPU Voltage

Quote:
Results

Tcase (Motherboard Utilities) = 30c Idle, 50c Load (SpeedFan: CPU or Temp X)
Tjunction (TAT) Hottest Core = 45c Idle, 65c Load (SpeedFan: Core 0 / Core 1)

Variables

Ambient = 22c
Chipset = 975X
C2D = E6600
CPU Cooler= AC Freezer 7 Pro
Frequency = 3.6 Ghz
Load = TAT @ 100% 10 minutes
Motherboard = Asus P5W DH
Vcore = 1.45

It's not possible to provide a proper analysis of your temps without complete information.

Comp 8)
April 4, 2007 1:18:16 PM

i know you can oc that higher expecially since you are on water.
Related resources
April 4, 2007 1:33:44 PM

Hmm sorry if i missed a few, ill try again :D 

(These are completely new temp readings from speedfan!!)
Since im on watercooling im not quite sure how to best get idle temps. Ill try to explain, when i turn on my computer and keep it running for 30 mins or so without using it my idle is about 6-7c lower than these temps here(On both Tcase and Tjunction). But if i turn it on and immidiately do a load test to get the cpu warm, and then keep it idle for 1-2 hours i get the temps i have below here.

Tcase (Motherboard Utilities) = 43c Idle, 54c Load (SpeedFan: CPU)
Tjunction (TAT) Hottest Core = 46c Idle, 58c Load (SpeedFan: Core 0 / Core 1)

Variables

Ambient = 22c
Chipset = P965
C2D = E6600
CPU Cooler= Watercooling
Frequency = 3.0 Ghz
Load = TAT @ 100% 10 minutes
Motherboard = Asus P5B-deluxe
Vcore = 1.3

I know i have pretty high temps for running a WC setup, but atm its running completely passive, theres only 1 intake fan@5v to make sure theres some aircirculation. I am ordering 3 new 120mm coolers though to be placed on my rad.
April 4, 2007 1:35:52 PM

DT - Hehe yea i know, iwe had it up to 3,3 on air cooling. Havnt really had the time to see how high i can get it on water, and also its running almost completely passive - no fans on the radiator.

But as soon as i get my 3 new fans ill see how high i can push it up. - thats why id like to be sure on what my temps realy are :-)
April 5, 2007 4:08:40 AM

What on earth are you using to water cool that proc? I realize it is passive.... but it still concerns me.
April 6, 2007 1:01:47 AM

Quote:
What on earth are you using to water cool that proc? I realize it is passive.... but it still concerns me.

it concerns you in a positive was i hope because those are great temps expecially since he has alright oced his processor to 3.0ghz. those are very good temperatures and if he were to place some fans in his case it would be an awesome ocer.

if he were to place fans inside his case i would say he could go to atleast 3.2 ghz AT LEAST.
April 6, 2007 4:00:37 AM

It comes stock at 2.4GHz and you hit 3.0 without any voltage changes... that isn't much difference in heat output honestly. The greatest variable in heat output is voltage, yes speed does play a factor, but not as big a part as voltage. I did 3.4 on air with E4300... and idled at 40 with 1.55 vcore :D 

They are just pretty warm. Not excessively hot, but still warm none the less. The same temps could be achieved with a TT Big Typhoon which is literally almost silent, not to mention cheaper.

Good water takes you to 3.6+ (which a lucky air chip can do too hehe).
April 6, 2007 4:35:54 PM

Quote:
It comes stock at 2.4GHz and you hit 3.0 without any voltage changes... that isn't much difference in heat output honestly. The greatest variable in heat output is voltage, yes speed does play a factor, but not as big a part as voltage. I did 3.4 on air with E4300... and idled at 40 with 1.55 vcore :D 

They are just pretty warm. Not excessively hot, but still warm none the less. The same temps could be achieved with a TT Big Typhoon which is literally almost silent, not to mention cheaper.

Good water takes you to 3.6+ (which a lucky air chip can do too hehe).

hmm... that must be the reason why i have 3.2 on air with 1.38 vcore...
idle 40C ( the cpu itself )

so you are saying if i up the vcore the temp of the cpu will go down?
April 7, 2007 1:52:45 AM

Quote:
hmm... that must be the reason why i have 3.2 on air with 1.38 vcore...
idle 40C ( the cpu itself )

so you are saying if i up the vcore the temp of the cpu will go down?

Where did you get that from? I said voltage was the biggest factor in temps... An increase in voltage increases temps more than a boost in speed.

3.2 on air isn't half bad. On par with expectations. Question is what are load temps. Probably about 60c.
April 7, 2007 1:58:31 AM

haha. my load temps.. right now are varies from 71 - 73 c ( cores ). cpu is 67.
April 7, 2007 3:05:50 AM

Well that isn't good. That is a delta of over 30c, normal is about 20c. 8O
April 7, 2007 3:16:51 AM

Quote:
Well that isn't good. That is a delta of over 30c, normal is about 20c. 8O

yeah, makes me wonder what the hell does this zalman 9400 do for me.
!