P5B-D onboard sound vs SB Audigy. Helpzz

mrmez

Splendid
Ok, so i got a P5B-Deluxe using the onboard hd audio.
Using a fairly decent 5.1 (5.1 analogue inputs) audio system.
My sys is used for games and music.

Was looking at this...
SB Audigy
prod14103_hdr_1_6_2.jpg

Cos its about half the price of a X-Fi

A. Is it worth upgrading this at all?
B. If yes will x-fi be significantly better than audigy?

Thanks

agentsmith957

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I started out with an onboard audio solution (Realtek 655 8 Channel), and upgraded to an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. I THEN upgraded just recently to a X-Fi Elite Pro, so hopefully, having had experience will all levels ill be able to help you. First off, you should DEFINATELY upgrade from the onboard solution. If you care about audio at all, if you want the most out of your games, and if you listen to music or watch movies on your computer, the difference between an onboard and a professional solution is phenominal. Beyond that, its up to you. I dont know what kind of speaker system you have, but if its good enough, you will notice a significant difference between the x-fi and the Audigy 4 (which is basically a suped up Audigy 2). Both, however, will give you a huge improvement over what you have and Im sure youll be happy either way. I would say its a matter of the speaker system you have, and what you can afford. Wouldnt want to spend any extra money on a sound card if your speakers suck so bad you wont even be able to hear the difference :p

TRENDING THREADS