I need help! ECS nFORCE4-A939's nortbridge fan die.

ahtze

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
My motherboard's northbridge fan die a while ago and I try to find the replacement but I have no luck.

6ff9_1_b.JPG

The fan beside the PCI-E 16x slot.

I found that most motherboard have mounting holes for the fans but this Nforce4 A939 doesn't have it.

It use something like spring clip.

Here is the top part of the fan. The size of the fan is 40mm x 40mm

pictures12345.jpg

Can anyone please let me know where I can find the replacement?

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Heatsinks are getting better all the time.If you can't find a fan for your northbidge,try getting a good quality after market heatsink for it.Or go to your local computer store and see what they have in the way of used fans.I find it a little strange that you should be having any problems finding a new fan for it,as fans on NB chipsets are quite common these days.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471

bridonca

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2006
That fan was useless even when it worked, a passive heatsink would have done a better job. I would personally just leave it alone, but make sure you have a decent case fan that can move the air in the case. If you overclock with this board, you could jury rig any cheap fan to blow air onto the heatsink, but I think it would be a waste of time. If the case has decent airflow, you are not going to have any problems.

ahtze

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
My problem is I can't find "Spring Clip" type of fan ; ;

All the fans for northbridge I found are using "holes mount".

I touch the heatsink and it is super HOT. I can only touch it for about 1 sec and it is too hot to be touch.

Cee9

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
I replaced the fan/heatsink with a Zalman ZM-NB47J. I didn't use the mounting hardware included with the Zalman, instead, I used the spring clip that was on the original heatsink. The spring clip can be easily removed by unscrewing the four screws holding the fan, then, by bending the heatsink fins with a needle-nose plier (or screwdriver) to release the spring clip. The spring clip slides in perfectly along the narrower gaps between the fins on the Zalman.

This solution might be too late for the original poster but, maybe, it'll be helpful for other people with the same problem.