P5B Deluxe FSB question

nick111

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
When raising the fsb of the P5B Deluxe from its native 266 mhz to 333 mhz, how much will this raise the temperature? And will this temperature be the same as if you flash the bios to make the board a 1333 mhz standard and put in a 1333 mhz core 2 duo?

Should one wait for a native 1333 mhz board instead of flashing the bios to 1333 mhz. I want the board to last along time and I'm concerned about the temperatures causing damage. Thanks

prong

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
When raising the fsb of the P5B Deluxe from its native 266 mhz to 333 mhz, how much will this raise the temperature? And will this temperature be the same as if you flash the bios to make the board a 1333 mhz standard and put in a 1333 mhz core 2 duo?

Should one wait for a native 1333 mhz board instead of flashing the bios to 1333 mhz. I want the board to last along time and I'm concerned about the temperatures causing damage. Thanks

The faster your system runs the more potential for heat it creates. As far as updating your BIOS and creating a situation where there is more heat from running a different BIOS, I don't believe so. The system will shut down (fail) if you overclock to the point the system is running too fast to sustain at the level you overclocked it to. At that point, raising the voltages to your CPU, RAM and NB are one way to attain higher system speeds. This is where you create a lot of heat, overvolting your chips. Increase voltages in small increments. Watch the temps carefully. A good tool for monitoring temps is here:

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php