Moving files: When Yes to All doesn't work...

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi,

I've noticed that often when moving files from one disk to another, I am
prompted several times to the confirm moving a readonly file, however on
each occasion I respond with "Yes to All"... that's the bit I can't quite
figure out, surely on the first reponse with "Yes to All" I shouldn't
receive any further prompts... or is it simply considering as a "Yes to All"
within the directory containing the first ReadOnly file ? Is there a GUI
based way of moving files without all the prompts ?

Regards

Steven.

Did you try this:
http://www.xmission.com/~jstanley/pscopy.html

Michael
"Steve" <news_svaardt@NOSPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that often when moving files from one disk to another, I am
> prompted several times to the confirm moving a readonly file, however on
> each occasion I respond with "Yes to All"... that's the bit I can't quite
> figure out, surely on the first reponse with "Yes to All" I shouldn't
> receive any further prompts... or is it simply considering as a "Yes to
> All" within the directory containing the first ReadOnly file ? Is there a
> GUI based way of moving files without all the prompts ?
>
> Regards
>

> Steven.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thanks, I didnt know about that one, though when trying it out, the
application hung. Perhaps something to incorporate as a feature for the
next release of Windows....