tiger131

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
That was kind of a lie. I CAN connect, but ONLY when my firewall is running. Sometimes I don't want to have it running (like when I play fear online), not a huge deal but it is rather annoying. Windows XP Pro, xp 3000+, 1gb, sp2, zone alarm free. Not behind a hardware firewall (connected to dsl modem directly). Any ideas why? Fiddled with all the internet options - but to no avail. Also, hardware related, but my onboard NIC (only NIC in my computer) always says limited or no connectivity. Updated drivers and repaired etc. It works fine pretty much. Any connection (I couldn't think of any)? When I do try to repair, it won't renew the IP addy (set to automatic config in TCP/IP prop). Thanks in advance

Your computer is not going to pick up a local IP from your DSL modem... unless you have one that works as a DHCP server... this is why you get the "Limited or no connectivity" message.

Assign an IP address to your NIC: ie 192.168.0.x. This should improve your boot time a little as well, since XP won't have to try and search for an IP.