folder names

April 10, 2005 8:01:15 PM

Using XP-Pro with all service packs and updates installed

I click Start - My Pictures. The view is set to "thumbnails." I used to be
able to see the name of the folder (04-2005) under the actual folder with
the pictures from April 2005. Now, there are no folder names displaying.

If I switch the view to tile, icons, list, or details, the folder names are
displayed. Just no folder names displaying in either the thumbnail or the
filmstrip view.

Anyone have any suggestions for restoring the display of the folder name in
the thumbnail view?

More about : folder names

Anonymous
April 10, 2005 8:04:10 PM

Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the file
names. Do it again to bring them back.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
> Using XP-Pro with all service packs and updates installed
>
> I click Start - My Pictures. The view is set to "thumbnails." I used to
> be able to see the name of the folder (04-2005) under the actual folder
> with the pictures from April 2005. Now, there are no folder names
> displaying.
>
> If I switch the view to tile, icons, list, or details, the folder names
> are displayed. Just no folder names displaying in either the thumbnail
> or the filmstrip view.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions for restoring the display of the folder name
> in the thumbnail view?
April 10, 2005 9:26:25 PM

Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

> Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the file
> names. Do it again to bring them back.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
>> Using XP-Pro with all service packs and updates installed
>>
>> I click Start - My Pictures. The view is set to "thumbnails." I used to
>> be able to see the name of the folder (04-2005) under the actual folder
>> with the pictures from April 2005. Now, there are no folder names
>> displaying.
>>
>> If I switch the view to tile, icons, list, or details, the folder names
>> are displayed. Just no folder names displaying in either the thumbnail
>> or the filmstrip view.
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions for restoring the display of the folder name
>> in the thumbnail view?

April 10, 2005 9:26:26 PM

Trade secret. :-)

Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o ueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
> Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

>> Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the file
>> names. Do it again to bring them back.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> Using XP-Pro with all service packs and updates installed
>>>
>>> I click Start - My Pictures. The view is set to "thumbnails." I used
>>> to be able to see the name of the folder (04-2005) under the actual
>>> folder with the pictures from April 2005. Now, there are no folder
>>> names displaying.
>>>
>>> If I switch the view to tile, icons, list, or details, the folder names
>>> are displayed. Just no folder names displaying in either the thumbnail
>>> or the filmstrip view.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any suggestions for restoring the display of the folder name
>>> in the thumbnail view?
April 11, 2005 1:07:08 AM

So now I can say that I know a trade secret, too??? <grin>

Where can I find the list of TweakUI Tips?

Thanks for your help!

> Trade secret. :-)
>
> Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o ueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
>> Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

>>> Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the
>>> file
>>> names. Do it again to bring them back.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>>> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:

April 11, 2005 11:40:55 AM

Never mind. I found the list of tips. Some are pretty neat!

> Trade secret. :-)
>
> Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o ueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
>> Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

>>> Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the
>>> file
>>> names. Do it again to bring them back.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>>> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 11:40:56 AM

Where did you find it?

I know where mine is, but I can't remember where I got it.

Help!

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uSDu2OpPFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
> Never mind. I found the list of tips. Some are pretty neat!

>> Trade secret. :-)
>>
>> Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:o ueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

April 11, 2005 1:12:57 PM

I did a google search and ended up finding the best at:
http://weblogs.asp.net/jkey/archive/2003/08/01/22303.as...

> Where did you find it?
>
> I know where mine is, but I can't remember where I got it.
>
> Help!
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:uSDu2OpPFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
>> Never mind. I found the list of tips. Some are pretty neat!

>>> Trade secret. :-)
>>>
>>> Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:o ueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>>> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 9:36:17 PM

BK,

I don't know if that's where I got mine, but close enough.

Thank you, thank you very much!

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes