folder names

Using XP-Pro with all service packs and updates installed

I click Start - My Pictures. The view is set to "thumbnails." I used to be
able to see the name of the folder (04-2005) under the actual folder with
the pictures from April 2005. Now, there are no folder names displaying.

If I switch the view to tile, icons, list, or details, the folder names are
displayed. Just no folder names displaying in either the thumbnail or the
filmstrip view.

Anyone have any suggestions for restoring the display of the folder name in
the thumbnail view?
8 answers Last reply
More about folder names

    Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the file
    names. Do it again to bring them back.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Using XP-Pro with all service packs and updates installed
    >
    > I click Start - My Pictures. The view is set to "thumbnails." I used to
    > be able to see the name of the folder (04-2005) under the actual folder
    > with the pictures from April 2005. Now, there are no folder names
    > displaying.
    >
    > If I switch the view to tile, icons, list, or details, the folder names
    > are displayed. Just no folder names displaying in either the thumbnail
    > or the filmstrip view.
    >
    > Anyone have any suggestions for restoring the display of the folder name
    > in the thumbnail view?

    Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

    > Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the file
    > names. Do it again to bring them back.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    > BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> Using XP-Pro with all service packs and updates installed
    >>
    >> I click Start - My Pictures. The view is set to "thumbnails." I used to
    >> be able to see the name of the folder (04-2005) under the actual folder
    >> with the pictures from April 2005. Now, there are no folder names
    >> displaying.
    >>
    >> If I switch the view to tile, icons, list, or details, the folder names
    >> are displayed. Just no folder names displaying in either the thumbnail
    >> or the filmstrip view.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any suggestions for restoring the display of the folder name
    >> in the thumbnail view?

    Trade secret. :-)

    Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

    >> Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the file
    >> names. Do it again to bring them back.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    >> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Using XP-Pro with all service packs and updates installed
    >>>
    >>> I click Start - My Pictures. The view is set to "thumbnails." I used
    >>> to be able to see the name of the folder (04-2005) under the actual
    >>> folder with the pictures from April 2005. Now, there are no folder
    >>> names displaying.
    >>>
    >>> If I switch the view to tile, icons, list, or details, the folder names
    >>> are displayed. Just no folder names displaying in either the thumbnail
    >>> or the filmstrip view.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have any suggestions for restoring the display of the folder name
    >>> in the thumbnail view?

    So now I can say that I know a trade secret, too??? <grin>

    Where can I find the list of TweakUI Tips?

    Thanks for your help!

    > Trade secret. :-)
    >
    > Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:OueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

    >>> Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the
    >>> file
    >>> names. Do it again to bring them back.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    >>> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:

    Never mind. I found the list of tips. Some are pretty neat!

    > Trade secret. :-)
    >
    > Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:OueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

    >>> Hold down the shift key when switching to thumbnail view to hide the
    >>> file
    >>> names. Do it again to bring them back.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:e1dLxBhPFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    >>> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:

    Where did you find it?

    I know where mine is, but I can't remember where I got it.

    Help!

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uSDu2OpPFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Never mind. I found the list of tips. Some are pretty neat!

    >> Trade secret. :-)
    >>
    >> Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:OueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Ta-da ! ! ! ! How did you know that? It worked like a charm.

    I did a google search and ended up finding the best at:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/jkey/archive/2003/08/01/22303.aspx

    > Where did you find it?
    >
    > I know where mine is, but I can't remember where I got it.
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:uSDu2OpPFHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    > BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> Never mind. I found the list of tips. Some are pretty neat!

    >>> Trade secret. :-)
    >>>
    >>> Actually it was the seventh tip in TweakUI Tips.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:OueOXxhPFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >>> BK <nokeithleyspam@nospammidamerica.net> hunted and pecked:

    BK,

    I don't know if that's where I got mine, but close enough.

    Thank you, thank you very much!

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes