Sign in with
Your question

Ami BIOS Beep Codes on my two setups help!

Last response: in Motherboards
April 5, 2007 12:50:49 AM

Dear THG,

Hello guys! I'm already at the edge of my wit here. I need your help! Someone please? Anyway, I just started to build my own PC one with a Socket 939 and the other with LGA775. Both "rigs" are already setup and securely connected to each other. I double-checked everything if there is any loose connections, ground of some sort making contact with the case, hardware incompatibility, etc. after three days of doing just this I'm confident all is well. I also make sure I always wear anti-static wrist wraps before working on these life-energy-draining newfound hobby of mine. However, I've only got a set of 2GB of Mushkin DDR 400 PC3200 to swap back and forth to test these 2 rigs working condition. Remember that penny jar I was talking about in my other post, well it's pretty much cleaned up. I'm thinking of robbing a bank or two, or the local pandhandler in order to fill up this jar up quick just in time for Intel's 22nd of April kill-AMD-bash!

My problem is on my ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2 MoBo with an AMI BIOS one short beep would be heard on every post. On the other hand, two short beeps with two seconds interval would come out of my ECS P4M800Pro-M with an AMI BIOS too. So what I did next to verify whether it is the RAM that's causing this problem is I tried my working 1.5GB PC2700 DDR 333 from the other PC and the same end results was produced on both builds. I tried looking for AMI BIOS Beep Codes Troubleshooting on the web and this is what came out:

one short beep = DRAM Refresh Failure, The programmable interrupt timer or programmable interrupt controller has probably failed <---beep code heard from my ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 on every boot-up

two short beep = Memory Parity Error, A memory parity error has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad <---beep code heard from my ECSP4M800Pro-M

I'm only using a set of 2GB of Mushkin DDR 400 PC3200 on both machines and checked them with my other 1.5GB PC2700 generic set only to find the same problem and hear same beep codes. I have already reset the BIOS - clear CMOS = BIOS jumper but to no avail!

I do not know what these two beep error codes are and how to fix this problem. Is it a motherboard problem, a RAM problem or hardware incompatibility or anything? Maybe one of you kind-hearted people in here could direct me to a better light, AGAIN! I desperately need your help THG! Thank you in advance.
!