Multi-IE and Spb Pocket Plus

July 1, 2005 11:18:33 AM

I am trying to determine which of these (Multi-IE or Spb Pocket Plus)
would provide the best enhancement for me.

My primary interest is to have a full or nearly full screen Internet
Explorer where I can zoom into the window area I am interested in. I
would also like multiple windows. I understand that both can do this,
but which does it best and why?

Of lesser importance, I also would like to improve my "today" window by
putting more programs on it that I want to launch, especially IE.

So, which would provide the better experience? Both seem to be well
accepted.

More about : multi spb pocket

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 1:57:17 PM

Hello,

I can only speak to PocketPlus. It works great and I've been quite happy
with it. You can read a review of it on my site at
http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/sbp/pocketplus-2-5/...

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

<eganders@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to determine which of these (Multi-IE or Spb Pocket Plus)
> would provide the best enhancement for me.
>
> My primary interest is to have a full or nearly full screen Internet
> Explorer where I can zoom into the window area I am interested in. I
> would also like multiple windows. I understand that both can do this,
> but which does it best and why?
>
> Of lesser importance, I also would like to improve my "today" window by
> putting more programs on it that I want to launch, especially IE.
>
> So, which would provide the better experience? Both seem to be well
> accepted.

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 2:11:27 PM

Why not download the trials of both and judge for yourself? Just a thought ;)

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:15:28 PM

<eganders@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> My primary interest is to have a full or nearly full screen Internet
> Explorer where I can zoom into the window area I am interested in.

I use MultiIE, but both programs are a great extension over the default
browser capabilities. Full screen is quite nice, and the screen drag,
picture save, multiple windows and more is very handy. However, I do not
think either will give you a dynamic zoom, at least not like you are
describing. Do as the poster said and try a demo of both to see if the
functionality does work as you need, if not as robust as you would like. I
definitely suggest some extension if you do a lot of browsing.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:26:53 AM

Thanks to all for your recommendations. I will try both.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:46:34 PM

In article <uPBKu0kfFHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Clinton Fitch,
Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!" <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com>
says...
> I can only speak to PocketPlus. It works great and I've been quite happy
> with it. You can read a review of it on my site at
> http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/sbp/pocketplus-2-5/...

jumping in here...
In reading your review, I notice that PocketPlus is recommended to be
installed in RAM. I have a 32M PDA (rz1710) and RAM is in *very* short
supply. Do you think the performance would be useable if I installed
PocketPlus to a storage card, or would I be better off just living with
the standard features of the OS?

Thanks - Bruce G
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 1:38:21 PM

Bruce,

This is more of a personal thing than anything. I've found that installing
applications that interact with the Today screen perform much better while
installed in Main Memory. I have nothing objective to prove this with mind
you, just something that I've noticed on the various P/PCs I've used.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Bruce Graham" <jbgraham@nowhere.com.au> wrote in message
> In article <uPBKu0kfFHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "Clinton Fitch,
> Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!" <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com>
> says...
>> I can only speak to PocketPlus. It works great and I've been quite happy
>> with it. You can read a review of it on my site at
>> http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/sbp/pocketplus-2-5/...
>>

> jumping in here...
> In reading your review, I notice that PocketPlus is recommended to be
> installed in RAM. I have a 32M PDA (rz1710) and RAM is in *very* short
> supply. Do you think the performance would be useable if I installed
> PocketPlus to a storage card, or would I be better off just living with
> the standard features of the OS?
>
> Thanks - Bruce G

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:12:45 AM

In article <eRk1zOxfFHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Clinton Fitch,
Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!" <management@NOSPAMMINGME.clintonfitch.com>
says...
> Bruce,
>
> This is more of a personal thing than anything. I've found that installing
> applications that interact with the Today screen perform much better while
> installed in Main Memory. I have nothing objective to prove this with mind
> you, just something that I've noticed on the various P/PCs I've used.
>
> Regards,

Thanks Clinton, I guess I will try Pocket-Plus in main memory and see if
I can still run what else I want. I just junked some stuff yesterday
that had found its way to main memory so I may be just OK. My main use
is GPS with OziExplorer (topomaps) but I am finding my first PDA an
addictive little gadget!

Thanks for your site too.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 2:21:22 AM

On 1 Jul 2005 23:26:53 -0700, eganders@yahoo.com wrote:

>Thanks to all for your recommendations. I will try both.
You may also want to have a look at Ftxpbrowser (freeware) it's a
tabbed multiwindow browser that also does fullscreen.
see it on http://www.freewareppc.com

HTH

Alan
Take DogForAWalk before replying by e-mail
!