Missing SendTo options...

Hi
Some of my SendTo options are missing, namely
'Compressed(Zipped)Folder' and 'My Docs'.
I regained the others with help from 'Kelly's Korner' but can't find a fix
for these two. I know you can add a shortcut to SendTo but don't know where
to look to find the Compressed(Zipped) folder so as to point the shortcut to
it.
TIA
J.J.
10 answers Last reply
More about missing sendto options

    Are you using a 3rd party program like WinZip?

    If not...
    Select Run from the Start Menu.
    Type: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll at the prompt, and click Ok.

    Shortcuts in the Send To folder not appearing in the menu
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:C1FDC50E-DBF6-481C-ABC9-9C3E788F72C0@microsoft.com,
    J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi
    > Some of my SendTo options are missing, namely
    > 'Compressed(Zipped)Folder' and 'My Docs'.
    > I regained the others with help from 'Kelly's Korner' but can't find a fix
    > for these two. I know you can add a shortcut to SendTo but don't know
    > where to look to find the Compressed(Zipped) folder so as to point the
    > shortcut to it.
    > TIA
    > J.J.

    Hi Wesley
    No not using 3rd party zip prog. Tried both suggestions with no joy. Can't
    think of anything myself.
    TIA
    J.J.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Are you using a 3rd party program like WinZip?
    >
    > If not...
    > Select Run from the Start Menu.
    > Type: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll at the prompt, and click Ok.
    >
    > Shortcuts in the Send To folder not appearing in the menu
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:C1FDC50E-DBF6-481C-ABC9-9C3E788F72C0@microsoft.com,
    > J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi
    > > Some of my SendTo options are missing, namely
    > > 'Compressed(Zipped)Folder' and 'My Docs'.
    > > I regained the others with help from 'Kelly's Korner' but can't find a fix
    > > for these two. I know you can add a shortcut to SendTo but don't know
    > > where to look to find the Compressed(Zipped) folder so as to point the
    > > shortcut to it.
    > > TIA
    > > J.J.

    Sorry Wesley
    I forgot to say, I'm using WinXp Pro SP2 IE6...
    J.J.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Are you using a 3rd party program like WinZip?
    >
    > If not...
    > Select Run from the Start Menu.
    > Type: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll at the prompt, and click Ok.
    >
    > Shortcuts in the Send To folder not appearing in the menu
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:C1FDC50E-DBF6-481C-ABC9-9C3E788F72C0@microsoft.com,
    > J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi
    > > Some of my SendTo options are missing, namely
    > > 'Compressed(Zipped)Folder' and 'My Docs'.
    > > I regained the others with help from 'Kelly's Korner' but can't find a fix
    > > for these two. I know you can add a shortcut to SendTo but don't know
    > > where to look to find the Compressed(Zipped) folder so as to point the
    > > shortcut to it.
    > > TIA
    > > J.J.

    J.J.

    You may have to reboot to see the Compressed (zipped) Folder in Send To.

    If that doesn't work...

    Copy Compressed (zipped) Folder from C:\Documents and Settings\Default
    User\SendTo folder.

    Paste it into C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\SendTo folder.

    Compressed (zipped) Folder is a 0 byte ZFSENDTOTARGET File.
    -----

    From David Candy.

    Add My Documents to send to menu...

    Start | Run | Paste this in the box:

    rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit

    Click OK.

    How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1DA21B66-D184-4D0A-9892-6B0D40B29C88@microsoft.com,
    J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Sorry Wesley
    > I forgot to say, I'm using WinXp Pro SP2 IE6...
    > J.J.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Are you using a 3rd party program like WinZip?
    >>
    >> If not...
    >> Select Run from the Start Menu.
    >> Type: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll at the prompt, and click Ok.
    >>
    >> Shortcuts in the Send To folder not appearing in the menu
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:C1FDC50E-DBF6-481C-ABC9-9C3E788F72C0@microsoft.com,
    >> J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi
    >>> Some of my SendTo options are missing, namely
    >>> 'Compressed(Zipped)Folder' and 'My Docs'.
    >>> I regained the others with help from 'Kelly's Korner' but can't find a
    >>> fix for these two. I know you can add a shortcut to SendTo but don't
    >>> know where to look to find the Compressed(Zipped) folder so as to point
    >>> the shortcut to it.
    >>> TIA
    >>> J.J.

    Hi Wes

    > Copy Compressed (zipped) Folder from C:\Documents and Settings\Default
    > User\SendTo folder

    I've looked there but completely empty.

    > Add My Documents to send to menu...
    > Start | Run | Paste this in the box:
    > rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    > Click OK.

    This fix worked thanks, now have 5 out of 6 options in working order but
    still no CZPFolder. Any more ideas would be welcomed.
    TIA
    J.J.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > J.J.
    >
    > You may have to reboot to see the Compressed (zipped) Folder in Send To.
    >
    > If that doesn't work...
    >
    > Copy Compressed (zipped) Folder from C:\Documents and Settings\Default
    > User\SendTo folder.
    >
    > Paste it into C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\SendTo folder.
    >
    > Compressed (zipped) Folder is a 0 byte ZFSENDTOTARGET File.
    > -----
    >
    > From David Candy.
    >
    > Add My Documents to send to menu...
    >
    > Start | Run | Paste this in the box:
    >
    > rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    >
    > Click OK.
    >
    > How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:1DA21B66-D184-4D0A-9892-6B0D40B29C88@microsoft.com,
    > J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Sorry Wesley
    > > I forgot to say, I'm using WinXp Pro SP2 IE6...
    > > J.J.
    > >
    > > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Are you using a 3rd party program like WinZip?
    > >>
    > >> If not...
    > >> Select Run from the Start Menu.
    > >> Type: regsvr32 zipfldr.dll at the prompt, and click Ok.
    > >>
    > >> Shortcuts in the Send To folder not appearing in the menu
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >>
    > >> Wes
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >>
    > >> In news:C1FDC50E-DBF6-481C-ABC9-9C3E788F72C0@microsoft.com,
    > >> J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    J.J.

    Hmm.

    Try looking in
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
    or
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo
    for Compressed (zipped) Folder

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:20DEDDE1-854E-4DE8-A0EE-7402DB65E389@microsoft.com,
    J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi Wes
    >
    >> Copy Compressed (zipped) Folder from C:\Documents and Settings\Default
    >> User\SendTo folder
    >
    > I've looked there but completely empty.
    >
    >> Add My Documents to send to menu...
    >> Start | Run | Paste this in the box:
    >> rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    >> Click OK.
    >
    > This fix worked thanks, now have 5 out of 6 options in working order but
    > still no CZPFolder. Any more ideas would be welcomed.
    > TIA
    > J.J.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> J.J.
    >>
    >> You may have to reboot to see the Compressed (zipped) Folder in Send To.
    >>
    >> If that doesn't work...
    >>
    >> Copy Compressed (zipped) Folder from C:\Documents and Settings\Default
    >> User\SendTo folder.
    >>
    >> Paste it into C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\SendTo folder.
    >>
    >> Compressed (zipped) Folder is a 0 byte ZFSENDTOTARGET File.
    >> -----
    >>
    >> From David Candy.
    >>
    >> Add My Documents to send to menu...
    >>
    >> Start | Run | Paste this in the box:
    >>
    >> rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    >>
    >> Click OK.
    >>
    >> How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310270
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:1DA21B66-D184-4D0A-9892-6B0D40B29C88@microsoft.com,
    >> J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Sorry Wesley
    >>> I forgot to say, I'm using WinXp Pro SP2 IE6...
    >>> J.J.

    Hi Wes,
    Sorry about the delay but I'm in the UK, International Time being as it is....
    l>
    > Try looking in
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
    > or
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo
    > for Compressed (zipped) Folder

    After changing 'View' to show hidden folders, all that's showing in both
    folders is
    'Desktop.ini'
    C(Z)F must have been wiped for some reason or other. Can I get it back from
    the Windows Install CD without doing any more damage? A 'Repair' maybe?
    TIA
    J.J.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > J.J.
    >
    > Hmm.
    >
    > Try looking in
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
    > or
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo
    > for Compressed (zipped) Folder
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:20DEDDE1-854E-4DE8-A0EE-7402DB65E389@microsoft.com,
    > J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi Wes
    > >
    > >> Copy Compressed (zipped) Folder from C:\Documents and Settings\Default
    > >> User\SendTo folder
    > >
    > > I've looked there but completely empty.
    > >
    > >> Add My Documents to send to menu...
    > >> Start | Run | Paste this in the box:
    > >> rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    > >> Click OK.
    > >
    > > This fix worked thanks, now have 5 out of 6 options in working order but
    > > still no CZPFolder. Any more ideas would be welcomed.
    > > TIA
    > > J.J.
    > >
    > > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > >
    > >> J.J.
    > >>
    > >> You may have to reboot to see the Compressed (zipped) Folder in Send To.
    > >>
    > >> If that doesn't work...
    > >>
    > >> Copy Compressed (zipped) Folder from C:\Documents and Settings\Default
    > >> User\SendTo folder.
    > >>
    > >> Paste it into C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\SendTo folder.
    > >>
    > >> Compressed (zipped) Folder is a 0 byte ZFSENDTOTARGET File.
    > >> -----
    > >>
    > >> From David Candy.
    > >>
    > >> Add My Documents to send to menu...
    > >>
    > >> Start | Run | Paste this in the box:
    > >>
    > >> rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    > >>
    > >> Click OK.
    > >>
    > >> How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >>
    > >> Wes
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >>
    > >> In news:1DA21B66-D184-4D0A-9892-6B0D40B29C88@microsoft.com,
    > >> J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    J.J.

    We sleep here in the US also. :-)

    The easiest way would be to copy it from a friends machine.

    Remove the 123 from

    123WVogel955@comcast.net

    and E-mail me. I'll E-mail you back a copy of Compressed (zipped) Folder.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:453DBD51-0CF4-4C0C-AF53-881DC6EBE6D0@microsoft.com,
    J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi Wes,
    > Sorry about the delay but I'm in the UK, International Time being as it
    > is.... l>
    >> Try looking in
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
    >> or
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo
    >> for Compressed (zipped) Folder
    >>

    > After changing 'View' to show hidden folders, all that's showing in both
    > folders is
    > 'Desktop.ini'
    > C(Z)F must have been wiped for some reason or other. Can I get it back
    > from the Windows Install CD without doing any more damage? A 'Repair'
    > maybe?
    > TIA
    > J.J.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> J.J.
    >>
    >> Hmm.
    >>
    >> Try looking in
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
    >> or
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo
    >> for Compressed (zipped) Folder
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:20DEDDE1-854E-4DE8-A0EE-7402DB65E389@microsoft.com,
    >> J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi Wes

    >>> I've looked there but completely empty.

    >>> This fix worked thanks, now have 5 out of 6 options in working order but
    >>> still no CZPFolder. Any more ideas would be welcomed.
    >>> TIA
    >>> J.J.

    Wes,
    It seems to work O.K. now except for the minor difference as I mentioned in
    E-mail.
    Apart from that is there a way I can add 'zipped folder' option to 'New' in
    'right-click'?
    Keep up the good work, amigo.
    TIA
    J.J.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > J.J.
    >
    > We sleep here in the US also. :-)
    >
    > The easiest way would be to copy it from a friends machine.
    >
    > Remove the 123 from
    >
    > 123WVogel955@comcast.net
    >
    > and E-mail me. I'll E-mail you back a copy of Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:453DBD51-0CF4-4C0C-AF53-881DC6EBE6D0@microsoft.com,
    > J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi Wes,
    > > Sorry about the delay but I'm in the UK, International Time being as it
    > > is.... l>
    > >> Try looking in
    > >> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
    > >> or
    > >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo
    > >> for Compressed (zipped) Folder
    > >>

    > > After changing 'View' to show hidden folders, all that's showing in both
    > > folders is
    > > 'Desktop.ini'
    > > C(Z)F must have been wiped for some reason or other. Can I get it back
    > > from the Windows Install CD without doing any more damage? A 'Repair'
    > > maybe?
    > > TIA
    > > J.J.
    > >
    > > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    > >
    > >> J.J.
    > >>
    > >> Hmm.
    > >>
    > >> Try looking in
    > >> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo
    > >> or
    > >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\SendTo
    > >> for Compressed (zipped) Folder
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > >>
    > >> Wes
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >>
    > >> In news:20DEDDE1-854E-4DE8-A0EE-7402DB65E389@microsoft.com,
    > >> J.J. <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    J.J.

    Go here...

    Read the instuctions at the top
    85. Right hand side
    Click on...
    Restore Compressed Zipped Folders Association

    The zip.reg file has the registry key(s) that you're missing.

    Sorry about my absence. My ISP was having problems.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User