Gigabyte DS3P Rev 3.3 you make me wanna scream!!

Opti666

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
My current setup is E6600, DS3P revision 3.3 bios version F4, Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400, Leadtek 7950GT 512mb, 74Gb Raptor and a 160Gb Seagate Sata drive.
The problem I have is the mobo won't overclock with the current graphics card, the system will just reboot or loop reboot a few times by itself and when I eventually get into the bios its lost all the overclock settings, everything such as :
CPU host clock control is back at disabled
PCI Express fequency is back at 100
System memory multi is back on Auto.
Now upon first discovering this problem I spent a whole day scouring the net for a solution, I eventually found a few people having similar issues with the older revision boards, but not this one. They were saying that they're boards were reacting strangely to some Nvidia cards.
Which got me thinking, so I played around with some settings for a while and found that changing the PCI-E frequency to 110mhz and upping the PCI-E overvoltage to +0.1v let it boot fine. But then I did a botched overclock, too much mhz and not enough juice, it rebooted and lost all its settings. Now, I would say 50 percent of the time it won't work with the settings I have found. So l take my 7950 out and put in an old PCI card and see what happens. Well what do ya know? She overclock straight away, straight to 3.6ghz without a problem. I botch an overclock and I still can overclock fine on the next try without loosing the above settings.
I got the system stable a 3.6ghz so I decided to shut it down, at 3.6ghz, remove the old PCI card and put my 7950GT back in. Guess what! It boots up at 3.6ghz!! :D But as soon as I do another botch overclock, even if I put wrong ram timings in, or whatever, it looses everything and then the proccess starts again of switching cards. Now this ain't really easy as my 7950GT is watercooled.

So I'm yet to find a permanent solution to this problem, I have showed others my fix and it has worked for them and others it hasn't.
I'm really hoping Gigabyte will release a new bios version soon with a fix as I don't want to go through the hassles of switching boards.
Does anyone know that if I could use a bios say from a rev 2.0 board?
Or if anyone can suggest a new solution or try to this absolute headache.