Sign in with
Your question

Outlook Express 6 - files .pst

Last response: in Windows XP
June 12, 2006 6:06:24 PM

Hi, i have a question about opening files like .pst with outlook express.
Does anyone know how to convert files (.pst = from microsoft outlook) to .wab or how to open them, so i can see with outlook express?
June 12, 2006 11:59:12 PM

Export them from Outlook to a file format compatible with Outlook Express; ie CSV. (At least I think CSV is compatible with OE).
June 13, 2006 3:40:34 PM

Sorry but i dont have microsoft outlook installed, only outlook express. Is there a way without microsoft outlook?
Related resources
June 13, 2006 4:19:31 PM

Well, i installed the microsoft outlook and export to a file of type "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" and it save a file as .CSV.
Then with outlook express i import the file and yes it worked. :) 

But still its there a way without using this method, without using microsoft outlook :?:
June 13, 2006 7:28:36 PM

Not that I know of... you must export your data to a compatible format for Outlook Express to import it. I don't know of any programs that would convert .pst files.

Of course, that's not to say they don't exist... I just don't know of any. You could try googling "Convert .pst files to .csv" or whichever format you're looking to convert to.
June 15, 2006 8:52:22 PM

ok, Zoron, thx for all your help :wink:
November 21, 2013 2:58:15 AM

JoniT said:
Hi, i have a question about opening files like .pst with outlook express.
Does anyone know how to convert files (.pst = from microsoft outlook) to .wab or how to open them, so i can see with outlook express?

Why do you want to convert .pst file to WAB format? WAB is Windows Address Book file that only contains contacts and information. As you want to open your .pst files in Outlook Express, I think PST to DBX conversion will be suitable for you. You can do it manually. Read this blog: How to import a PST file to Microsoft Outlook Express?
Thanks.
May 14, 2014 10:40:04 AM

Try WAB to PST Converter tool and conver Windows Address Book (WAB) to Outlook PST format.

Software Features
Converts Outlook Express WAB file to MS Outlook PST format
Converts Summary, Name, Home, Business, and Personal Tabs
Option to save as PST, CSV, or VCard style
Supports Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003
Compatible with Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP

For more information and free download click http://wabpstconverter.blogspot.com
!