Question for Owners of the DS3 rev 3.3 and E4300

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I have found on the web a couple places that people are saying the DS3 rev 3.3 doesnt like any FSB over about 370 when used with an E4300. But when using E6XXX, the DS3 rev 3.3 will get close to 500 FSb if the CPU and memory can handle it.

This is the situation that I have. I own these two and I was able to get it booted with a 370 FSb but anything higher it wont boot. I have tried dozens of different bios configurations but no good. And I have tried FSB setting from 375 all the way up to 475 in pretty much 5 and 10 MHz increments. And I have tried at least 2 different CPU multipliers at each setting.

On attempting to boot it either recycles once, sometimes a few times, and defaults or it fires up fully but nothing happens, everything just spins till I shut it down.

I am just trying to confirm if this is common or not. If so I may look into getting a E6300-E6400.

Again I am just talking about Allendale cores. The Conroe core CPU's dont seem to have any issues and I have already heard tons of people with them getting close to 500FSb on this rev 3.3 board. I just want to know what people with Allendale's can get on this board.

Thanks guys,

little_scrapper

joking

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2005
I running ds3 rev3.3 and E6300 Q41A rev L2. I can get it run stable @400 fsb, 1.4 vcore. I can't get it running stable over 400 fsb yet even with vcore set to 1.45 :( I wished I should have known that rev B2 OC better than L2 then I can pick ones up @ the store rather than ordered online. Oh well I'm happy with 2.8ghz for right now.

rdhood

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
I have found on the web a couple places that people are saying the DS3 rev 3.3 doesnt like any FSB over about 370 when used with an E4300. But when using E6XXX, the DS3 rev 3.3 will get close to 500 FSb if the CPU and memory can handle it.

This is the situation that I have. I own these two and I was able to get it booted with a 370 FSb but anything higher it wont boot. I have tried dozens of different bios configurations but no good. And I have tried FSB setting from 375 all the way up to 475 in pretty much 5 and 10 MHz increments. And I have tried at least 2 different CPU multipliers at each setting.

On attempting to boot it either recycles once, sometimes a few times, and defaults or it fires up fully but nothing happens, everything just spins till I shut it down.

I am just trying to confirm if this is common or not. If so I may look into getting a E6300-E6400.

Again I am just talking about Allendale cores. The Conroe core CPU's dont seem to have any issues and I have already heard tons of people with them getting close to 500FSb on this rev 3.3 board. I just want to know what people with Allendale's can get on this board.

Thanks guys,

little_scrapper

Are you changing the multiplier (lowering it). At stock multiplier, 370Mhz represents a 85% overclock of a 4300. That's fantastic, and way more than you should expect.

But yeah, I have read that people who are lowering the multiplier are running into this problem.

One thing you could try (that I haven't heard anyone else mention) is to pin mod to 266 AND lower the multiplier and then jack it to 430Mhz. Set it up EXACTLY like its Conroe breathren and see how it behaves.

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Yes I am lowering the multi.

Thats a good idea. I may check that out. But I have spring modded my ninja's mounting hardware so it will be a PITA to do it. I wonder if it can be don on the bottom of the mainboard?

lwsandl

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
I have reached 375 at the two multiplier, booted into windows, ran orthos for five minutes, then quit because I didn't like the look of my temperatures. The board didn't seem to want to do it until I ripped off the stock NB heatsink and replaced it with the Thermalright HR-05.