Sign in with
Your question

Auditor Security Collection does not complete boot process

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 11, 2007 12:30:53 PM

I have got Auditor Security Collection Live CD, when I tried to use it on my Laptop (Dell Latitude D620), the boot screen stuck in this place where it says:
[code:1:37d8fe97c7]
symlinks on ramdisk...Done Creating directoris and starting init process INIT: Vesrion 2.78-knoppix booting
[/code:1:37d8fe97c7]

If I use the same CD other laptop (Dell Latitude D620), I have got no problem.
November 5, 2009 4:27:41 PM

zillah said:
I have got Auditor Security Collection Live CD, when I tried to use it on my Laptop (Dell Latitude D620), the boot screen stuck in this place where it says:
[code:1:37d8fe97c7]
symlinks on ramdisk...Done Creating directoris and starting init process INIT: Vesrion 2.78-knoppix booting
[/code:1:37d8fe97c7]

If I use the same CD other laptop (Dell Latitude D620), I have got no problem.

well in this case i have a similar issue with the acer travelmate 2480 same deal just loads in safe mode with the live cd so no wireless driver available
but seems to be a new version that handles intel chipset wireless cards
i mean the auditor seems to be recommended the upgraded version or maybe better the backtrack that its sort like a mix of that one

actually im going to try it these week ifnot im going to use the usb wireless adapter wusb54gc to do the deal ive seen videos in youtube using it so thats my plan b

lets try first either the update of auditor or the backtrack first then if doesnt work lets go on the adapter that is a cisco based so may work with linux based os

!