Arnagath

Distinguished
May 2, 2004
Well I have this really strange thing going on in my computer. I am running the latest ATI drivers for my 9600XT but every time I go into the controle center SMARTGART has set my AGP acceleration to 0 and instead runs my AGP card in PCI. Does anybody have any idea what is going on?

I have set AGP as defualt in BIOS and I have tried to restrict the use of PCI but nothing seems to work.

I also know that games run slower so it is not just that there controle center "thinks" the computer is running without AGP acceletation, it actually does.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Make sure your chipset (ie: Intel, VIA, nVidia, SiS) drivers are up to date. Sounds like the AGP bridge driver is not installed or needs to be reinstalled. Just check what chipset you have and download the appropriate drivers.

Arnagath

Distinguished
May 2, 2004
I have installed everything for the chipset, perhaps not in the right order though. Shall I install the AGP drivers before the GPU drivers?

Arnagath

Distinguished
May 2, 2004
alright I seem to have fixed it all, dont really know how but I just reinstalled all the video drivers and software I had and it worked.

Thanks for the help.