Sign in with
Your question

7800 GTS+ Bliss (Gainward) Problems.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2007 4:12:49 PM

Ok, Well firstly a few days ago i decided that my trustworthy ati radeon 9600 just could not keep up witht he detail of the gaming industry, so i decided to give it to a friend of mine and buy my new card.

Minutes after arrival i had unpacked it and put it into my agp 8x slot. I had loaded it up, reinstall windows formatted 3 terrabytes of warez( i was thinking of a freshstart) and now have this clean system. Although when i go to play any 3d game, call of duty being my prefrence, it will freeze, crash the game, or reboot the computer. with this i am extremly frustrated. i have googled for well over 2 hours trying to solve my problem, in the solutions i have found they inclue me disabling agp 8x. i cannot find anywere to disable it. with this i am incredably pissed off at not being able to game or do anything that requires 3d rendering.

With furthur adew. i would like ANY help possible required for me to fix my problem, and im sorry if i sound rude; just frustrated.

System Specs:
Amd X2 64 bit; 2.6ghz(dual core)
Gainward 7800 GTS+ Bliss
15 x 500gb sata hdd.
Tarantula keyboard (razer =D)
Razer diamond back (=P)
Motherboard = Gigabyte, ga-7vm400m

Thanks. Sorry if this is not the support center.
April 5, 2007 4:26:19 PM

What kind of PSU do you have?
April 5, 2007 4:32:30 PM

Well, at the moment i have an ATX 300W. I also have a backup ATRIX Model:650T, 600W.

Although i am fairly confident that it is not the powersupply(psu) as it has been through a few computers, (300W, 450W, 675W, and a 900W) But i am willing to try anything to get this card working properly.

(My hdd's are running on a different powersupply for any questions protaining to that)
Related resources
April 5, 2007 4:38:09 PM

300W? Ouch, that could very well be your problem. Are you saying that you've already tried it with a more powerful PSU?
April 5, 2007 4:41:05 PM

Seems like a PSU problem to me too.
but, once i had the same problem with a ATI9800Pro & that was a conflict between Graphic Card & Sound Card...if you have time, disable your sound card and see what happens...(just a guest)
April 5, 2007 4:43:00 PM

Yes i have tried it on several other computers and power supplys. all have the same result although one was different it went PERFECTLY, untill 4 reboots and then the motherboard started beeping at me and would not display.

@Farhang: I dont have a soundcard my onboard serves the purpose rather well. I see a sound card as a waste of money. Onboard is good enough espeically with some of the newer motherboards.
April 5, 2007 4:51:26 PM

Quote:
Yes i have tried it on several other computers and power supplys. all have the same result although one was different it went PERFECTLY, untill 4 reboots and then the motherboard started beeping at me and would not display.

so if you try that, then maybe your problem is the new graphic card...
April 5, 2007 4:56:19 PM

i honestly dont believe it is the graphics card, because we were stress testing it when them 4 reboots happened, but the card was in the computer for over 2 months, as i was venturing over seas. i only stress tested and took note when i got back. so im not too sure, and the we suspect there is something wrong with the motherboard(mobo) or the cpu; Prescott 3.2 Ghtz
April 5, 2007 7:15:53 PM

Quote:
so im not too sure, and the we suspect there is something wrong with the motherboard(mobo) or the cpu; Prescott 3.2 Ghtz

Hey man, if you think that there is something wrong with the Mobo/CPU, why don't try the card on a different system?
April 6, 2007 6:43:17 AM

Are you using the drivers from the cd I've heard others having problems with nv drivers and that card. But if all fails psu drivers than here is what you may have to do. Grab riva tuner and disable some pixel shadders.
April 6, 2007 7:38:25 AM

A 300watt psu??No wonder you get freeze ups.Go buy a 550watt psu with at least 30amps on the 12volt rail.That will fix your problem.And do not use riva tuner to disable any shaders.Your problem is clearly your low power power supply.And get the latest drivers from the NVIDIA web site.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.6 TOLEDO
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7950GT KO IN SLI
4X 512MB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX DDR500
WD300GIG HD/SAMSUNG 250GIG HD
ACER 22IN WIDESCREEN LCD 1600X1200
THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 850WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
3DMARK05 13,471
April 6, 2007 11:03:29 AM

I thought I said if all else fails psu drivers than try riva no point me too telling him psu
April 6, 2007 11:49:28 AM

Try it without 15 HDDs in, maybe 1 or 2.
April 6, 2007 1:49:04 PM

@gomerpile: Thanks ive been stress testing it and playing some ET and i have had no REBOOTS. i dissbled both pixel shaders and so far so good. although my games seem to become "unresponisve and close themselves sometimes, i do not believe that is the graphics card".

Their may still be an error, but lets wait for it too come up.
April 12, 2007 8:14:50 PM

Sorry if this comes a bit late Bakes, but I read what you originally posted and it looks to me like a problem that I used to have with an older card - AGP 8*.

To disable 8* and turn it to 4*, go into the BIOs, i.e. delete or something when you boot. Do it from there.

I have the same GPU as you and have had few problems with it.
April 13, 2007 12:34:07 AM

Quote:
Sorry if this comes a bit late Bakes, but I read what you originally posted and it looks to me like a problem that I used to have with an older card - AGP 8*.

To disable 8* and turn it to 4*, go into the BIOs, i.e. delete or something when you boot. Do it from there.

I have the same GPU as you and have had few problems with it.

Don't turn your AGP down to 4* when using a high end AGP card! I did some experiments myself and i found that it bottlenecked any cards faster than the 6800GT at 4x.
April 13, 2007 3:55:35 PM

I know that - but if he tried it, it may fix the problem temporarily.

I am also having a problem that I hope someone can help with. I own a 7800GS+ made by gainward, clocked at 585MHZ/720MHZ. 3D stuff runs beautifully.

Annoyingly however, when i do low end stuff like scroll down pages, i get some kind of lag/slowdown. I cann se it refresh. I am using the latest nvidia drivers. Has anyone got any ideas?

PS i AM running it in 8*
April 14, 2007 12:34:14 AM

Quote:
I know that - but if he tried it, it may fix the problem temporarily.

I am also having a problem that I hope someone can help with. I own a 7800GS+ made by gainward, clocked at 585MHZ/720MHZ. 3D stuff runs beautifully.

Annoyingly however, when i do low end stuff like scroll down pages, i get some kind of lag/slowdown. I cann se it refresh. I am using the latest nvidia drivers. Has anyone got any ideas?

PS i AM running it in 8*

That is nothing to do with the GPU. I believe it will be either your system memory being too low or maybe your browser being overloaded with spyware/crap.
April 14, 2007 6:10:31 PM

quantam sheep, you misunderstand me. There is no spyware/adware/crap on my pc at all, I keep it very clean.

These are my system specs;

AMD64 3000+
1GB DDR RAM (2*512)
160GB Sata
7800GS+ AGP 8*
Viewsonic VX924
PSU 400W

So anyway, there are very few apps running, as i reformat regularly. This has always been the case after every reformat, and with different versions of Windows, including Vista Ultimate.
April 14, 2007 6:33:33 PM

Thats a psu problem, ive seen that to often to think its anytrhing else
!