Win 8 - There are currently no logon servers available...

jamestss21

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Our company has just started using Windows 8. We have a domain controller on our network. When adding to the domain from a local windows 8 account, it says we are added. When trying to logon to the domain using proper credentials, we receive the error: "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request." I have tried changing registry settings for the cached accounts, I have tried changing group policies, nothing is helping. We do not have this problem on Windows 7 or Vista.

netwired

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
It just sounds like a configuration issue. Possibly the DC isn't set up properly or the workstation isn't a member of the DC.

try to specify the domain and account (i.e CoolDomain/User1)
or
login to the workstation with local credentials then try to browse to a share on the DC using the domain credentials.

netwired

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
If you can specify the MYDOMAIN\USERNAME then your DC seems to be set up correctly, but the workstation isn't actually a member of the domain.

What steps did you go through to put the workstation on the domain?

unplug from the network, use the credentials of the domain admin you used to join, it should use cached credentails..
also make sure that you moved the pc from the computers ou to the correct group ou.

once you log on run gpupdate /force reconnect the network cable first