Saving .wmv files to disk

I use Windows XP-Pro/SP-2 fully updated. When I click on a .wmv file, what
happens is that Windows Media Viewer sees it and loads to run the movie. Try
As I may, I cannot find out how to save the file to h.d. to play it later.
It seems that Media Viewer has no provision to save the file to disk, only
to play it or save to CD.
Can Anyone suggest how I may save these files to H.D.?

--
Michael Hobbs
Minneapolis, Minnesota

I could be wrong 'cause I don't have pro just XP SP/2 home. But, it records
automaticaly as a "collection" also under file there's the opton to save as ?
I'm a beginner, so hope it helps.

"Michael Hobbs" wrote:

> I use Windows XP-Pro/SP-2 fully updated. When I click on a .wmv file, what
> happens is that Windows Media Viewer sees it and loads to run the movie. Try
> As I may, I cannot find out how to save the file to h.d. to play it later.
> It seems that Media Viewer has no provision to save the file to disk, only
> to play it or save to CD.
> Can Anyone suggest how I may save these files to H.D.?
>
> --
> Michael Hobbs
> Minneapolis, Minnesota
> mdhobbs@qwest.net

Hi Michael,

Right-click the .WMV link and choose "Save Target as". Or, try this:

Open Windows Explorer
From the Tools menu, choose Folder Options
Click "File Types" tab and scroll down to this entry:

==> WMV - Windows Media Audio/Video file

Click "Advanced" button and put a checkmark near this option:

==> Confirm open after download

Click OK, OK and close the dialog.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP