carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I want to install trend micro antivirus, but every time i try to install it it says norton 2003 is interupting it. Then i try to uninstall norton 03 and it says "Fatal Eror". Anyone knows what is causing this and how I can fix it?

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Your fatal error was probably using Norton in the first place. Anyway, go into the registry (run > open: regedit) and remove all keys relating to Symantec or Norton (I'm assuming you don't have any other software from Symantec installed). Restart the machine and then you should be able to install Trend Micro, which is good stuff. Just remember, don't install a new antivirus without removing the old one first. They don't play well together.

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
i have symantec corporate edition installed too. I didnt install norton, it came with my pc. I thought i uninstalled it a long time ago, i think it came back or something. Is it possible to keep corporate edition with trend micro because i dont wanna uninstall the only excelent program on my pc?

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Your fatal error was probably using Norton in the first place. Anyway, go into the registry (run > open: regedit) and remove all keys relating to Symantec or Norton (I'm assuming you don't have any other software from Symantec installed). Restart the machine and then you should be able to install Trend Micro, which is good stuff. Just remember, don't install a new antivirus without removing the old one first. They don't play well together.

i did wat u said and it still says fatal error during uninstallation>?!!!

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Perhaps you could check Norton's website for some insight on how to uninstall the corporate edition, as two antivirus programs together is bad news for your system.