jas83

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
Hey everyone I just put together my first computer and everything was working great. Second day in the monitor shuts down mid use, its almost as if its sleeping, but i cannot get it back up, the computer is still running, just the monitor shuts down. Now it seems to do this every 20 or so minutes. I tried the monitor from our other computer as well with same effect. Shuts down in use sometime and sometimes when idle over night does the same thing.. Let me know if you can please help or no any possible reason for this

I'm running:
Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
NVidea Geforce 8800 GTS
2.0 gb ram

monitors are Optiquest-Q9 and Viewsonic VA 520

thanks again

jas83

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
i am using a xion 500 watt power supply, the rest of the computer seems to keep running at least the fans and lights are all still going, but the power button does not work when the monitor shuts down, have to use turn off switch of power supply in order to reboot each time this happens, drivers seem to be up to date with vista as well

jas83

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
hey mpilch thanks for advice, but was posting on another forum someone told me to try to hit the caps lock when monitor crashes and if it doesn't respond its something else, i did and caps did not respond, any other advice?