Will Crysis be the deciding factor?

FEAR was the game we bought new cards for,
but whats going to be the game that makes us draw the line now?

I'm still using an X1800XT.

I like the new 8800s, but R600 will be out soon and I am excited.

Problem is, I'm sure ATi will be in the spotlight for a few weeks and then nV will steal it back with an 8900 refresh...

Might have to wait until we have 8800/X2800/8900 all out with a Crysis demo and benches.
83 answers Last reply
More about will crysis deciding factor
  1. Why not just wait until Crysis comes out? As far as I know, no release date has been announced yet.
  2. BioShock might do it, if it beats Crysis out. Though that game may not be for everyone, so that might limit it.

STALKER is a pig in terms of graphics, but it's RPG(ish) style of play might limit it's appeal, though it was #8 on someone's sales list. Since it's not promising any DX10 support and at this moment in time, doesn't support Vista, I don't see it has the the game to move hardware. But it is a pig

I'm going to say it's going to be a tough split between Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3.

In my case, it will start with whenever a true DX10 game comes out or is about to come out. Once Toms and other sites post some benchmarks, it will determine which card I get. But I'll be swapping in the X1900XTX for something this year, and given the release dates, I'll have until Sept to rob a few banks to get the cash ready
  3. Why are you waiting? The 8800 GTS 640mb for $340 is a great deal, place 2 in true x16 SLI and you've got a giant killer for the same price as one GTX (or a little more... I wont over-exaggerate), but why wait for the ATI products that may or may not exist or even be coming out this year?
    At the rate ATI is going, the x2000 series wont be out until they perfect a new diamond substrate for the GPUs or whatever excuse they want to give us this week... and this is coming from a recent convert that was buying EXCLUSIVELY ATI products until this whole r600 mystery release date crap started happening. I'm happy with mine.
    No one is going to bother to write games for DX10 and they wont for more than another year or so... you can thank Microsoft for that one with their exclusive use of DX10 on Vista (Shafta). Makes no sense to make a game that doesnt work on 99% of existing systems, but then again... nope, I'm right. :lol:
    Anyway, thats going to be a LONG WAIT for your DX10 game, dude...
  4. Oh, did I mention that if you can find a game thats currently made that actually uses EVERY advanced feature of DX9c, I'll give you a cookie. DX9c has been out for over a year and programmers still dont use all of it because most users dont have the hardware to make it to work correctly. With this in mind... WHY are people in the "enthusiast" market always disappointed because the games are low-tech and dont take advantage of the hardware capabilities?
    Even when the first game comes out that uses DX10, it's not going to be anything new... just the DX9c crap turned up on high.... that's all. Oh, and maybe the universal shaders will be enabled. Imagine that... my card actually being able to be used the way that it was made to be... oh... that's another 3 years away.
  5. StrangStanger you got it. My 1900XTX is less than 1 year old, so I was actually a little happy to see Crysis not coming out until Sept (but also sad in that conflicting way). So why buy the the 8800GTS, when maybe by the time the DX10 games come out, the 8900 series will be out ?

In terms of Vista, nVidia's driver support as been terrible. I try to switch between products every other upgrade, so I've been eyeing the 8800 series for a while, but so far under Vista my ATI has been getting monthly updates and they've been pretty good (except for this last batch of 7.3s)

Other than stalker, my X1900XTX handles all the current games well, so other than DX10 there isn't a big push for an upgrade, and since their aren't any games out using DX10, more time to plan my bank robberies.

Will Crysis's DX10 look any better and run faster than Crysis DX9.0c ? I dunno, I haven't seen it yet. Only time will tell. Until, I'll just keep slowing re-directing money from the kid's college fund until I have enough to ge a new whatever.

If I was running a 6800 or X800 card, it woule be easier to justify going with the 8800 now. But since I'm still only 3-4 down from the top of the list, I'm hanging on as long as the games keep playing above 60 fps

I don't see my doing SLI anytime soon, if forever. I don't plan to ever play at 4096x4096. Heck I can't even read the text at 1600X1200. So a single card solution is all I plan for. Plus, I don't really want to buy a new mobo, just for SLI.
  6. I wish they would hurry up and release the thing (r600). I am ready to play Oblivion with 4x AA + HDR on Ultra High settings with all my mods, and still get 70fps.

At my res, the x1950Pro gets down to less then 20 in alot of places.

I would jump on the G80 bandwagon, but I can be patient.
  7. Yes, Crysis will play a significant role in Vista and DX10 cards for gamers and enthusiasts. I already got Vista so all I need now is the game and a DX10 card.
  8. Quote:

what if it turns out to be as crap as i think it will be, will it matter then?

No, wont' matter. Though I actually liked Far Cry and got quit a bit of re-play out of it and was even in a Far Cry Clan, competed at the Far Cry Road tour tornaments (never won that CPU, but got a T-Shirt). I think the expectation for it will be enough to sell it. Plus I know alot of people who liked Far cry. The demos of Crysis has people excited (as well as UT3)

Yes it was pretty and I liked it. I think Crysis is going to have a little more depth. Far Cry was Crytek's first game and was pretty good for a first timer. I have higher expectations for Crysis. I might be disappointed, but I was with Doom3 and HL2. Doom3 because the old style trigger points are just plain boring. HL2 because they needed to update the sounds and the skating effect makes me sick, Much like Stalkers bobbing
  9. i remember well when i bought a nvida gforce 4 64 mmx just to play quake 3 arena.....i doubt buying an dx10 card will bring the same joy ...don't know i played farcry until my eyes ached but it seems to my that moderns games are full of modern techology hdr aa bla bla but don't have originality a brand new ideaa behind the curtain
    maybe i'm too worn out too tired but i find more attractive good old games....and the ideeas behind them
    about crysis i've seen lots of prewiews and it will be for sure a hit amazing graphic efects and a lot of realisms..but the same old ideea ..guns aliens ....maybe is not the right forum say all this jibberish
  10. will you please escuse my spelling...just too tired to push the button
  11. Quote:
    i remember well when i bought a nvida gforce 4 64 mmx just to play quake 3 arena.....i doubt buying an dx10 card will bring the same joy ...don't know i played farcry until my eyes ached but it seems to my that moderns games are full of modern techology hdr aa bla bla but don't have originality a brand new ideaa behind the curtain
    maybe i'm too worn out too tired but i find more attractive good old games....and the ideeas behind them
    about crysis i've seen lots of prewiews and it will be for sure a hit amazing graphic efects and a lot of realisms..but the same old ideea ..guns aliens ....maybe is not the right forum say all this jibberish

I totally agree with the old games part. Actually, some old games are looking better on new hardware. UT classic is looking better than ever on new OpenGL renderers :D
  12. :trophy:
    :D
  13. All This "is Crysis going to kill my comp" nonsense is plain silly. Here goto gamespot and download this newest Tech demo that shows off some features.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/news.html?sid=6168380&tag=topslot;title;5

All this Generations game are meant to be spectacular so in 24 years from now when your playing it on Windows 2020XPX on your XTX2000000000X with 1 terrabtye of memory it will look still look good.

But as i stated technology develops and will never stop so all this upgrading nonsense to handle future games is quite silly because as soon as you upgrade to R600 or 8800GTX you find out that
    1) the game has tanked badly
    2) the game has story has tanked badly
    3) your computer has tanked and you cannot play the damn game
  14. Quote:

No one is going to bother to write games for DX10 and they wont for more than another year or so... you can thank Microsoft for that one with their exclusive use of DX10 on Vista (Shafta). Makes no sense to make a game that doesnt work on 99% of existing systems, but then again... nope, I'm right. :lol:
    Anyway, thats going to be a LONG WAIT for your DX10 game, dude...

You don't have to make a game DX10 only, you can code for both separately but sharing dev resources. Many games will be going that route, and really the devs would prefer everyone get with the prgoram instead of having to code for the legacy products. And right out of the box games like Crysis will make great use of new features like the Geometry shaders (baring nV's weak GS abilities).

Quote:
    Oh, did I mention that if you can find a game thats currently made that actually uses EVERY advanced feature of DX9c, I'll give you a cookie. DX9c has been out for over a year and programmers still dont use all of it because most users dont have the hardware to make it to work correctly.

Actually that's not why, the reason why is because some part of DX10 offer specific benefits, not gloabl benefits and thus aren't worth the time and effort to support. Even for some stuff that is more efficient some coders are lazy, it's just the nature of the biz, it's hard and special to write elegant code, easier to write sloppy.

And while you say DX9c , you realize that some people use features that aren't even required for DX9c, like the most important feature of DX9c which is optional is FP16 blending for OpenEXR style HDR.

Quote:
    Even when the first game comes out that uses DX10, it's not going to be anything new... just the DX9c crap turned up on high.... that's all. Oh, and maybe the universal shaders will be enabled.

You don't know what you're talking about. Unification is already occuring in DX9 titles and doesn't require DX10 to enable, it's all done in drivers and by the thread / 'ultra-thread' management hardware dispatch controllers, the apps don't even see the unified structure they just call for a vertex or a pixel and the shader acts appropriately. One they have further awareness from DEVs it just mean making better use of what's already thereand exposed.

The main difference will be opening up the geometry shaders which will take the load off vertex heavy situations like grass in Oblivion the way Geometric instancing helped a bit in FartCry, and that will be enabled in all the early big name DX10 titles.

If your reason to buy is Crysis and UT3 , then there is no reason to rush into buying now. That never makes sense, and the advice remains the same today as in years past, only buy hardware for the killer app/game you are looking forward to WHEN IT ACTUALLY BENCHMARKS, until then you're flailing in the dark without a clue what target to aim for.
  15. Quote:

Then I guess the Vista and DX10 card is for the solitaire and minesweeper.
  16. Quote:

Imagine them in DX10 8O :lol:
  17. 10 minutes before I started reading this thread. I was playing Far Cry...lol I love that game and cant wait for crysis! I plan on getting another 2gb of ram, Vista in may to run a dual boot and halo 2 for the pc, drop in whatever quad core I can take to 3.2ghz on this motherboard and wont break my wallet when it comes out or prices drop and sometime in the summer getting the best DX10 video card I can with 512mb of memory or more and I will be happy for a while. My 20" 2ms widescreen LCD monitor with 1680x1050 res should be here today...Im excited for my games (especially C&C3 woot)!!! lol

Best,

3Ball
  18. I also love FarCry! Great game, and the story is not bad at all. You guys set your expectations to high or something!
  19. Quote:

Imagine them in DX10 8O :lol:

Crank all the way up with full quality and 16xAA, full AF and high quality shadows. All that and still reaching hundreds of frames per second. No lagging whatsoever.

I hope Crysis was delayed for a very good reason and not just marketing. The delay as far I as I know is for the DX10 and Vista, not many gamers are still on that wagon. I'm they are doing some fine tuning on that game at the moment and hopefully there's no major bugs on it's first release.
  20. Quote:
    the funny thing is even in 10 or 20 years when we have even faster hardware and even fancier looking games people will probably still be playing those two games.
    Intel will still be the king of graphics, what other game options will the average Dell owner have. :twisted: JK
  21. Quote:
    seeing as what crytek did with farcry, like good gfx and features but the game wasn't so great due to the storyline being naff, i ain't expecting crysis to be a good game. it may stress systems and look nice like far cry did but it's story sounds earily familiar just with north koreans as the mercs and aliens instead of mutants.

i have a funny feeling most people will still buy a gfx card due to the game though.

Far Cry was one of the few games I actually played until completion. For whatever reason I never finished FEAR. Hell I never finished Doom 3.

Recent games I've played until completion:

Half Life 2
    Prey
    Star Wars: Empire at War (and the expansion)
    AOE III
    Star Wars: KoTOR

I realize some of those are old... but still...
  22. Quote:
    Intel will still be the king of graphics, what other game options will the average Dell owner have. :twisted: JK

:D hahaha
  23. Quote:
    oh and what do you mean universal shaders being enabled, i would think that is driver side not games. actually how the hell could it be game side if that was what you are meaning.

i have a funny feeling i aint going to like your contributions to threads when i see them.

Sorry, StrangeStranger.. I was in error. DX9c doesnt allow the full usage of the GEOMETRY shader architecture in the nextgen cards.
    And what I mean is that software programmers have to program an entirely new render path for DX10 games (and another if they want it to be compatible with DX9c) IF they want to actually harness the cards to their full power under DX10. With so few people with G80's and with the r600's not coming out until 2020 or whatever, no one is going to actually program this stuff yet until a larger adoption rate kicks in (next year, maybe?)
    Remember... Vista has 9.0EX native, so DX10 is not even the standard for Vista installs on new computers in stores because they dont have the nextgen GPUs to make it happen (how many integrated graphics options have you seen with true WDDM compliance??? and most store computers have just that: integrated graphics). Given these facts, how can you possibly argue that true DX10 games are right around the corner? They'll just take the same render paths from DX9 games that are being made and tweak them just a little so that they are compatible with DX10, not actually make use of it.
    Oh, and of ALL the people that you know with DX10 compliant hardware, how many of them even run Vista? Enthusiasts are still waiting for drivers to make the shit run correctly, let alone get games for it.
    Thats what I'm saying.... :roll:
    I have a funny feeling that I dont give a rat's ass what you think...
  24. Quote:

Sorry, StrangeStranger.. I was in error.

Seems to be the SOP with you.

Quote:
    And what I mean is that software programmers have to program an entirely new render path for DX10 games (and another if they want it to be compatible with DX9c) IF they want to actually harness the cards to their full power under DX10.

Yeah they need two (and even 3) separate code paths, yet that hasn't stopped companies like Crytek or EPIC from doing just that. The task of working on similar DX9.0 and DX10 codepaths is nothing compared to cross-platform, especially OGL based consoles.

Quote:
    With so few people with G80's and with the r600's not coming out until 2020 or whatever, no one is going to actually program this stuff yet until a larger adoption rate kicks in (next year, maybe?)

Both EPIC and Cytek have said their titles will support it in their titles that launch this year, and M$ will add an FSX DX10 codepath with their 1st patch at the end of this month. So obviously many people are already programing this stuff right now.

Quote:
    Given these facts, how can you possibly argue that true DX10 games are right around the corner? They'll just take the same render paths from DX9 games that are being made and tweak them just a little so that they are compatible with DX10, not actually make use of it.

Should they even slightly use geometry shaders to alleviate the load of things like foliage then it's a big boost whether they fully utilize all the rest of D3D 10.0 or not. And like the other thread you don't understand the idea that getting some benefit is better than none. What a pessimist you are, you simply crap on change for the sake of crapping on it. For some reason you think it needs to be all or none or else not done at all which is just ignorant considering that they haven't ever even implemented all of DX8.1 let alone any version of DX9.0.

Quote:
    I have a funny feeling that I dont give a rat's ass what you think...

I have a feeling that's how most people feel about you / your posts.
  25. Quote:

I'm guessing you havn't seen most of the new Crysis vides. Not only will the game have the most advances graphics, AI, physics and animations, but it will also have awesome gameplay. that nano-suit really does make the game playable the way you want. it's awesome.

trust me. this game will be great.
  26. i've been reading this thread and it seems a few of you diisliked the story behind far cry. that game was awesome, it'll take a hell of a lot to knock it of its podium as "the most awesome game i have ever played" though i'm still backing crysis to be the one to do that. I mean come on, everything from the mind boggling zoom of them binoculars to the funny mercs- "you're ass is grass"- just awesome. love it.
  27. I think the problem here with dx10 and what not is the large majority of consumers are playing the waiting game. I knove loads of people who are waiting a good few months (or even till next year) before switching to Vista and thus DX10, whilst game publishers are waiting for a consumers to buy Vista in order to have DX10 for it to become more mainstream to jusify brining out a DX10 game. Some people are also waiting for ATI's Range of cards to hit the market before they look at DX10 and decide upon ATI or Nvidia. Seems to me like nothing is going anywhere at the moment.

People are just buying DX10 well before any games are out and others are waiting for Vista to become more stable/ATI to bring their cards out, whilst game developers wait for the number of people using DX10 to rise significantly. Either way, we're certainly not seeing any DX10 till at least Q3, possibly later.

I am beginning to think twice about going DX10 in July which is when I had originally planned to make the switch. I am going vista in the Fall/Early 08 for sure.
  28. I'm waiting until after Christmas to build a new PC with Vista for the following reasons:

1.I will be able to get some good deals on parts for the after Christmas sales.
    2.Second generation DX10 cards will be out.
    3.Vista should have good support by then,with most of the problems fixed.
    4.Q6600 quad core will be around $300(So I've heard)
    5.Crysis won't be out until around that time anyway.
    6.More Dx10 games will be coming out,including Call of Duty Modern Combat which I have a feeling will give Crysis a run for it's money(just speculation though)

7.I won't have the money to build a new computer by then anyway.
  29. Quote:
    I also love FarCry! Great game, and the story is not bad at all. You guys set your expectations to high or something!
    The AI is incredibly intelligent. "HEY YOU, IN THE SHIRT!"
  30. Quote:
    4.Q6600 quad core will be around $300(So I've heard)

Quad core is pointless for games. I can understand it for 3D and video rendering, but games? Pfff - pointless. Just get a E6600 and OC it if you're that desperate.
  31. It wont be pointless when both crysis, huxley, and unreal support it. As well as helping overall system performance in vista similar to how quad core does for xp...or atleast it did for me!

Best,

3Ball
  32. Quote:

Quad core is pointless for games. I can understand it for 3D and video rendering, but games? Pfff - pointless.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMwNiwxMCwsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

Wanna re-explain your position? :roll:
  33. Quote:
    The AI is incredibly intelligent. "HEY YOU, IN THE SHIRT!"

Or after shooting him and then hiding... "Ah, it's probably nothing". :twisted:
  34. Quote:
    i've been reading this thread and it seems a few of you diisliked the story behind far cry. that game was awesome, it'll take a hell of a lot to knock it of its podium as "the most awesome game i have ever played" though i'm still backing crysis to be the one to do that. I mean come on, everything from the mind boggling zoom of them binoculars to the funny mercs- "you're ass is grass"- just awesome. love it.

Not sure why this was directed at me, but for the record I was a big fan of Farcry. It's one of the few games I played through twice, as well as often take out for system testing or benchmarking sake. I will say though, playing it now I see how lousy the AI is at times. Kind funny when guys stand facing a wall while you walk toward them from a few feet away.
  35. Quote:

Quad core is pointless for games. I can understand it for 3D and video rendering, but games? Pfff - pointless.

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMwNiwxMCwsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

Two quotes taken right out of the article:

Quote:
    On the other hand, dual-core doesn’t really seem to be enough horsepower to play Supreme Commander in Windows Vista with something resembling maximum in-game quality settings

Quote:
    If you are thinking of playing Supreme Commander the more processor cores your computer has the better

Quote:
    Wanna re-explain your position? :roll:

Not really.
  36. OH so you realize Supreme Commander is a game, takes advantage of quad core, and thus realize you're wrong and having nothing left to contribute.

Good, glad you've seen the light. :twisted:
  37. Quote:
    OH so you realize Supreme Commander is a game, takes advantage of quad core, and thus realize you're wrong and having nothing left to contribute.

Good, glad you've seen the light. :twisted:

OH okay, in case you're blind, let me spell it out for you.

I said games so far you've come up with an artticle which is talking about one game.

Take every PC game that is out there now - the one sole, single, individual game you came up with must not even represent 00.01% of all PC games.

So again, not really!
  38. maybe not right now, but wait a few months and you have got your dual/multi-core supporting games.....and it will make a difference (physics?) the games that support it now are indeed very playable with single-core cpu`s.

i think crysis, alan wake and ut are games with a basis of dx9c. they will support dx10 but i expect you can play them at high settings on 7900 and x1900 cards without missing a lot. dx will be worth it in 2008, not 2007 (just my 2 cents!)

the ingame footage they have shown from crysis looked awesome and was dx9c at the time.
  39. Quote:

I said games so far you've come up with an artticle which is talking about one game.

Let me explain the English language to you; in your statement 'it's pointless for games', the emphasis in that sentence is the pointless', not the plural 'games'. That there is even one game that shows the 'point' nullifies your statement, because it shows the benefit/point even if it's not adopted by others. The existence of multiple games is not in questions, it's whether or not there is a point, and that review clearly demonstrates that there is indeed a point in in Quad-core gaming.

Also, you were commenting on how it's pointless in a reply to a guy who's building his computer for Christmas time 8+ months away (by which point there will be more games), in a thread about an upcoming title whose Devs have said they will benefit from quad cores. So once again your comment is BS regardless of how you wish to try and save it by trying to pull-out semantics. And since you didn't limit your original comment to current games, here's another game demonstrating the benefits of quad core to games at about the 30s mark;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkAZ-6mklbM

So thus disproving yet again your statement of it being pointless, whether to a currently shipping game as detailed in the [H] article or future titles, seems that there is an obvious use/point to them.

Quote:
    Take every PC game that is out there now - the one sole, single, individual game you came up with must not even represent 00.01% of all PC games.

Good thing this thread is about future titles, and he's talking about a future build. So in context of the thread and both cases, you're wrong, and shown by your own statements to be ignorant, either of what you were replying to or the future of gaming.

Quote:
    So again, not really!

Yeah I didn't think so.
    So STFU DumA$$ !! :roll:
  40. Quote:

Let me explain the English language to you; in your statement 'it's pointless for games', the emphasis in that sentence is the pointless', not the plural 'games'. That there is even one game that shows the 'point' nullifies your statement, because it shows the benefit/point even if it's not adopted by others. The existence of multiple games is not in questions, it's whether or not there is a point, and that review clearly demonstrates that there is indeed a point in in Quad-core gaming.
    Yo...

I'm aware of that. I hoped you wouldn't pick up on it though... only you did (lol). At least a tried. Funny thing is that you went to the ends of the earth to explain something to me that I already knew.

Kinda pointless, eh?

Quote:
    really want to hear you say that multi cores are pointless

Hey, I don't need to, you already did!

Now TheGreatGrapeApe is going to explain some more English to me, this is going to be amusing.
  41. Exactly. My X1800XT (512MB) runs everything at 1680x1050 with 4X just great. FEAR, PREY, Quake 4, etc etc

So I don't exactly need a new card until Crysis is out. I want to play that with all the candy on :)

I've built machines for customers with 8800s and they are great, but again while we know they are designed for DX10, we don't know how well they run DX10 games.

Remember the 9700pro? But by the time DX9 games came out the card there was much better DX9 cards to use instead, that were even cheaper.

So like it was said, I will wait for Crysis to come out, and whatever runs it best gets my dough :) Be it a X2800/8900 or cheaper 8800.

So for me, its the deciding factor.
  42. I apologize for starting more arguments.

My original intent was really to ask if Crysis was the game people here already bought an 8800 for or the reason they are waiting to buy any DX10 card.

I will be buying a card for Crysis. Yes, I realize it will most likely run okay on my current card with XP/DX9 codepath etc etc, but I want it to look its best :)

My second point was that its frustrating atm as we have been waiting so long for R600 that by the time the card is out to beat (supposedly of course) 8800 it probably will get beat by 8900 shortly after lol.

Just like how the very late X1800XT 512MB beat the 7800GTX 256MB only to be bested by 7900GTX 512MB almost immediately afterwards.

PS. Too bad STALKER is so damn buggy. Waited forever for that game too lol. Why is there SO many buggy games now? GRRRR Thats for another thread...
  43. Quote:
    I apologize for starting more arguments.

Haha, it should really be me apologizing. I am the one who started them though being an idiot. It's not your fault mate :D
  44. Like I said I'm building a new PC after Christmas which would be the beginning of 2008. Most new games that will be coming out will have quad-core support and DX10 support so "I" think it would be a mistake to build a new PC with a dual-core processor.

Crysis WILL have Quad-core support,there developers even said that.Also Gabe Newell of Valve said quad-core is the future of gaming.
  45. Quote:
    hmm, so your saying preprepared videos give an indication of what a game is actually like. what were you, born yesterday or something.

who said they were pre-prepared?? WTF?

i am talking about the videos from the recent GDC 2007 and CES 2007. they were gameplay videos of someone playing a level of the game. and there were like 10 videos showing the same level being played differently.

i'm guessing you havn't seen the videos after all.

check out these videos:

CrysisOnline - look for the videos named "GDC 2007" or "CES 2007" since they are the latest videos.
  46. Actually the Nano-suit one is really good because it involves a more randomized view and you can watch them playing the game at the German headquarters.

Actually if you watch the different version of the same gameplay on InCrysis' news section it's actually better with no subtitles or captions but also better view of the stealth meter etc, seems the camera was closer. But it's the same run, you can see all the cameras in the room.

Also the disappointing thing about the GDC tech demos is that they show of parallax occlusion mapping instead of displacement maps. I hope they have support for displacement mapping in the engine or add it so that it could be in other versions or games from the engine.
  47. Quote:
    i'm guessing you havn't seen the videos after all.

check out these videos:

CrysisOnline - look for the videos named "GDC 2007" or "CES 2007" since they are the latest videos.

Whoa, there are loads of videos just there that arent on the EA site or the incrysis site :(
  48. look i am not listening to you because you know nothing :P

no but seriously, Crysis really does offers gamplay mechanics that are new and unique and taht havn't been seen in any other first person shooter.

Read some info on the game HERE. or go HERE for more info on other topics.

some screens:

Screen 1
    Screen 2
    Screen 3
    Screen 4
    Screen 5
    Screen 6
    Screen 7
    Screen 8

More Screens Here

Here are some comparison screenshots of Crysis to real life. (scroll down to towards the bottom of the page):

Comparisons
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Crysis Graphics