Pocket MSN & downloading Hotmail into Windows Mobile 2003 ..

July 2, 2005 12:40:20 AM

I registered and paid for Pocket MSN, which I have installed on my Dell
Axim X30 handhled (WiFi enabled), which runs on Windows Mobile 2003
Second Edition.

Eveything seems to be working with Pocket MSN, except for accessing my
Hotmail using the bult-in Windows Mobile 2003 email software.

The Pocket MSN hotmail icon on the "Today" screen indicates there are
new email messages, and when I tap on that icon it launches the
built-in Windows Mobile 2003 email program. Then in the email program,
when I tap on Send/Receive it briefly appears to be going through the
motions, but never downloads any messages.

When I go directly into Hotmail on the web, the new messages are there
and accessible.

How do I configure the Windows Mobile 2003 email client to properly
communicate with my Hotmail account, as was advertised on the Pocket
MSN site? This was my main reason for spending the money for Pocket
MSN.

I have gone through the settings in "MSN Options", and everything
appears correct to me, particularly the Hotmail settings (e.g.
"Download new email automatically" is selected/checked).

I was able to configure the email client to communicate with various
other mail servers (Sympatico, Gmail, etc.), but they were all using
POP3. The configuration for Hotmail eludes me. Please help.

Thanks,
Ron R.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 1:09:11 AM

Reluctantly, I ended up trying a "hard reset" of my handheld, wiping it
clean of all data and apps. Then, the first app I installed afterwards
was Pocket MSN, and i worked right away. It flawlessly accessed my
Hotmail account using the Windows Mobile 2003 SE built-in email
client's Inbox. I proceeded to configure my ISP email account, as well
as my GMail accounts. They all worked perfectly. Then, I spent the
next several hours re-installing and configuring the dozens of other
third party apps, and getting everything just the way I wanted again.
It was a long tedious process, but everything is working perfectly now
(so I ran a Full Backup using Active Sync!).
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:14:40 AM

It's 20% off too! Summertime sale!

At 28 Jul 2005 16:50:44 -0500 dragomia wrote:
> Try using HTTPMail Provider (http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.
asp?id=9539).

> Posted via MoDaCo, the definitive Microsoft Smartphone community, now
supporting all Windows Powered Mobile Devices @ http://www.MoDaCo.com

Posted with QMail3 on
Dell Axim X30
http://q3.snak.org/wiki/