Sign in with
Your question

trojans devastation?

Last response: in Windows XP
June 20, 2006 10:43:58 PM

It started when my kid messed around with Limewire and then AVG detected Trojan horse Agent. HD and Trojan horse Agent. HE. So I scan with AVG immeadiatedly and removed them(did it?):

Trojan horse Agent. HD C:p rogram FilesWindows NTlsass.exe
Trojan horse Agent. HD C:WindowsHLP.exe
Trojan horse Agent. HE C:WindowsSYN.exe
Trojan horse Agent. HE C:p rogram FilesWindows NTsvchost.exe

The above files are put into quarantine.

The next day I try to print from my networked computer and it couldn't find the shared printer. No matter what I did I couldn't get the shared printer to work again even though sharing is enabled. The computer that's physically connected to the printer could print though.

The wierdest thing is when I try to view workgroup computers, this came up:

"Home101 is not accessible. You might not have the permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available"

I'm the admin, why can't I see what i want to see????

----------------------------------------------------------------
Now, on the Windows update site, MS prompted me to install the latest activeX control (WGA). But no information bar appears so i can't get through the update process. I even tried IE 7 Beta 2 it still didn't work. However, Office update did work.
My final attempt to fix everything was through System Restore. Well, that didn't go well either.

"System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, then run System Restore again."

Every restart gets the same result..............

To reduce some damage, i scanned the pc with spyware doctor demo and found 250 entries of:

Desktop Media
CnsMin
Baidu BHO
some other adware

Bitdefender came up with
C:p rogram FileswsearchMouse1.dll Detected: Adware.Msearch.N

C:WINDOWSsystem32BDSSetup.exe=>(CAB Sfx r)=>BaiduBar.dll
Detected: Adware.Toolbar.B.A

I couldn't find a remove button on bitdefender so i left them there

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any help is GREATLY appreciated

TIA

any help is greatly appreciated.

More about : trojans devastation

July 14, 2006 10:50:48 PM

Quote:

It started when my kid messed around with Limewire and then AVG detected Trojan horse Agent. HD and Trojan horse Agent. HE. So I scan with AVG immeadiatedly and removed them(did it?):

Trojan horse Agent. HD C:p rogram FilesWindows NTlsass.exe
Trojan horse Agent. HD C:WindowsHLP.exe
Trojan horse Agent. HE C:WindowsSYN.exe
Trojan horse Agent. HE C:p rogram FilesWindows NTsvchost.exe

The above files are put into quarantine.

The next day I try to print from my networked computer and it couldn't find the shared printer. No matter what I did I couldn't get the shared printer to work again even though sharing is enabled. The computer that's physically connected to the printer could print though.

The wierdest thing is when I try to view workgroup computers, this came up:

"Home101 is not accessible. You might not have the permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available"

I'm the admin, why can't I see what i want to see????

Now, on the Windows update site, MS prompted me to install the latest activeX control (WGA). But no information bar appears so i can't get through the update process. I even tried IE 7 Beta 2 it still didn't work. However, Office update did work.
My final attempt to fix everything was through System Restore. Well, that didn't go well either.

"System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, then run System Restore again."

Every restart gets the same result..............

To reduce some damage, i scanned the pc with spyware doctor demo and found 250 entries of:

Desktop Media
CnsMin
Baidu BHO
some other adware

Bitdefender came up with
C:p rogram FileswsearchMouse1.dll Detected: Adware.Msearch.N

C:WINDOWSsystem32BDSSetup.exe=>(CAB Sfx r)=>BaiduBar.dll
Detected: Adware.Toolbar.B.A

I couldn't find a remove button on bitdefender so i left them there

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any help is GREATLY appreciated

TIA

any help is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a rootkit got involved...try booting to a bootable virus scanner CD (burn an .iso from a professional antivirus app to a CD or DVD, and boot to it on your PC).
July 18, 2006 10:34:49 AM

Yes.. I had some similar problems with my PC and those programs which you call them trojens are actually called adware. They attack application softwares. And then they attack windows systems 32 files. Everytime you boot your PC you activate the adware and later after the more times you reboot it will take control of your PC then you cannot reboot. The safest way is to download Webroot Spysweeper from www.webroot.com.
July 21, 2006 9:09:14 PM

You might want to Bit Torrent MiniPE XT to do an offline scan. That has some great tools (Anti Virus, A2, SBSD, Ad-Aware)
!