Date format for UK English

July 2, 2005 2:28:13 PM

Is it possible to change date format to dddd, dd MMMM yyyy for English
(UK) regional setting in WM2003SE (Premium Phone Edition)?
I have no idea why Microsoft decided we do not use weekdays here, but the
only two options available for UK is dd MMMM yyyy or d MMMM yyyy :(  Almost
all other English regional settings give the option of selecting the long
format that include the weekday ... weird.

On the subject of the date formats: is there a fix for Pocket Money 2004
to display the short date in non-US format? (i.e. not mm/dd/yy but
dd/mm/yy) The 'main' Money 2004 displays the dates properly, of course.

--
Cheers,
Dave

More about : date format english

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:15:15 PM

"DaveGK" <davegk.net@ntlworld.BUG.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to change date format to dddd, dd MMMM yyyy for English
> (UK) regional setting in WM2003SE (Premium Phone Edition)?
> I have no idea why Microsoft decided we do not use weekdays here, but the
> only two options available for UK is dd MMMM yyyy or d MMMM yyyy :(  Almost
> all other English regional settings give the option of selecting the long
> format that include the weekday ... weird.
>
> On the subject of the date formats: is there a fix for Pocket Money 2004
> to display the short date in non-US format? (i.e. not mm/dd/yy but
> dd/mm/yy) The 'main' Money 2004 displays the dates properly, of course.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Dave

I use English (Australia) Regional settings, just change the currency symbol
to the £ symbol. You don't need to do the registry hack thing, and no it
doesn't affect the time zone you set.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:03:38 PM

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
news:D a5ujv$p28$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "DaveGK" <davegk.net@ntlworld.BUG.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to change date format to dddd, dd MMMM yyyy for English
>> (UK) regional setting in WM2003SE (Premium Phone Edition)?
>> I have no idea why Microsoft decided we do not use weekdays here, but
>> the only two options available for UK is dd MMMM yyyy or d MMMM yyyy
>> :(  Almost all other English regional settings give the option of
>> selecting the long format that include the weekday ... weird.

> I use English (Australia) Regional settings, just change the currency
> symbol to the £ symbol. You don't need to do the registry hack thing,
> and no it doesn't affect the time zone you set.

Thanks Alan. I thought about that, but then would the default country in
Contacts also change to Australia? Will there be a conflict between
desktop Outlook set to UK (and therefore not displaying home country for
UK addresses) and Pocket Outlook?

--
Cheers,
Dave

"DaveGK" <davegk.net@ntlworld.BUG.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to change date format to dddd, dd MMMM yyyy for English
> (UK) regional setting in WM2003SE (Premium Phone Edition)?
> I have no idea why Microsoft decided we do not use weekdays here, but the
> only two options available for UK is dd MMMM yyyy or d MMMM yyyy :(  Almost
> all other English regional settings give the option of selecting the long
> format that include the weekday ... weird.

Here's a way of keeping your UK settings and having the day name
on the Today screen:

Using a Registry Editor such as
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
- Go to \HKLM\nls\overrides
- select SLDte (add "new string value" if not exist)
- change the value data to dddd, d MMMM yyyy
- soft reset the device

HTH,

Flib

PS Usual precautions with editing the Registry -
do a Backup, don't blame me etc.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 10:20:28 PM

> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> news:D a5ujv$p28$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>
>> "DaveGK" <davegk.net@ntlworld.BUG.com> wrote in message
>>> Is it possible to change date format to dddd, dd MMMM yyyy for English
>>> (UK) regional setting in WM2003SE (Premium Phone Edition)?
>>> I have no idea why Microsoft decided we do not use weekdays here, but
>>> the only two options available for UK is dd MMMM yyyy or d MMMM yyyy
>>> :(  Almost all other English regional settings give the option of
>>> selecting the long format that include the weekday ... weird.
>
>> I use English (Australia) Regional settings, just change the currency
>> symbol to the £ symbol. You don't need to do the registry hack thing, and
>> no it doesn't affect the time zone you set.
>
> Thanks Alan. I thought about that, but then would the default country in
> Contacts also change to Australia? Will there be a conflict between
> desktop Outlook set to UK (and therefore not displaying home country for
> UK addresses) and Pocket Outlook?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Dave

Not on mine. Why not backup, then try it? Your other option is a registry
edit.
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 7:26:42 AM

"Flibble" <tough@thetop.com> wrote in message

> "DaveGK" <davegk.net@ntlworld.BUG.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to change date format to dddd, dd MMMM yyyy for English
>> (UK) regional setting in WM2003SE (Premium Phone Edition)?
>> I have no idea why Microsoft decided we do not use weekdays here, but
>> the only two options available for UK is dd MMMM yyyy or d MMMM yyyy
>> :(  Almost all other English regional settings give the option of
>> selecting the long format that include the weekday ... weird.
>

> Here's a way of keeping your UK settings and having the day name
> on the Today screen:
>
> Using a Registry Editor such as
> http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
> - Go to \HKLM\nls\overrides
> - select SLDte (add "new string value" if not exist)
> - change the value data to dddd, d MMMM yyyy
> - soft reset the device
>
> HTH,
>
> Flib
>
> PS Usual precautions with editing the Registry -
> do a Backup, don't blame me etc.

Thanks, I'll do that. So far pretty happy with Oz solution (as Alan
suggested) - no changes to default country as far as contacts on PDA are
concerned - nice one :)

--
Cheers,
Dave

> "Flibble" <tough@thetop.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "DaveGK" <davegk.net@ntlworld.BUG.com> wrote in message
> >> Is it possible to change date format to dddd, dd MMMM yyyy for English
> >> (UK) regional setting in WM2003SE (Premium Phone Edition)?
> >> I have no idea why Microsoft decided we do not use weekdays here, but
> >> the only two options available for UK is dd MMMM yyyy or d MMMM yyyy
> >> :(  Almost all other English regional settings give the option of
> >> selecting the long format that include the weekday ... weird.
> >

> > Here's a way of keeping your UK settings and having the day name
> > on the Today screen:
> >
> > Using a Registry Editor such as
> > http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
> > - Go to \HKLM\nls\overrides
> > - select SLDte (add "new string value" if not exist)
> > - change the value data to dddd, d MMMM yyyy
> > - soft reset the device
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Flib
> >
> > PS Usual precautions with editing the Registry -
> > do a Backup, don't blame me etc.
>
> Thanks, I'll do that. So far pretty happy with Oz solution (as Alan
> suggested) - no changes to default country as far as contacts on PDA are
> concerned - nice one :)
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Dave
The only trouble with the Australian settings is that distances etc are
metric with no option for "American". The latter, of course, is not exactly
the same as the Imperial units used in the UK. The dumbos at Microsoft seem
to think that the UK is metric - which it is not.

Chris
!