enabling remote accessing the hidden administrative shares

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility (More info?)

Hi

I have to manage a lot of PC's remotely, I do this via the administrator user (the credentials are the same on all PCs)
I connect to <PCname-or-IP>\c$ which is an hidden administrative share. but on some workstations this share is disabled
how do I enable this share again?

thx in adv.
1 answer Last reply
More about enabling remote accessing hidden administrative shares
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility (More info?)

    Please take this question to the windowsxp.work_remotely and
    windowsxp.network_web newsgroups.

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User
    Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    "Dave" <Dave.The@teleatlas.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >

    > I have to manage a lot of PC's remotely, I do this via the administrator
    > user (the credentials are the same on all PCs)
    > I connect to <PCname-or-IP>\c$ which is an hidden administrative share.
    > but on some workstations this share is disabled
    > how do I enable this share again?
    >
    > thx in adv.

Workstations Microsoft Windows XP