Power and chassis fans “below threshold”????

Rique

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
Hi all, HELP! :)

This is the first time I use this "utility." came with my MB Asus P4P800 Deluxe, two years ago. My C drive was giving me a S.M.A.R.T problem: back up and replace HD. Which I did... but I had a heck of time trying to do it. Finally, I was able to install Windows on a another HD, all the updates, etc... but the thing I noticed right away was that the "chasis fan" was too slow... I barely noticed it was working. Prior to the change, this fan (on the side of the case, brining cold air in), was rather loud! (Bzzzzzzzzzz...), annoying sometimes. Now it is whisper quiet.

On top of that, This utility, TELLS ME, in “Flashing” text (the “0’s circled in blue, and the text inside the red box, actually FLASHES! … and that, worries me… because we all know what heat can do to a computer!

(see PICS on the links)

SO ANY HINTS?... I have an Antec case and Antec 430W power supply with a million wires and connectors… some are the regular “4 prong white plastic connectors (female and male)” and some are black…. I am wondering if there is a difference between the two… there must be! Or why the different colors?

Is it possible I am connecting the intake-fan to the wrong connector? In terms of power?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1113/981/1600/two fans below treshhold_web.jpg

PIC 2

labortius

Distinguished
May 17, 2004
If it's going round, it's probably connected right. Probably it needs replacing, as the bearing might have been worn out, and natural breeze is making it look like it's turning around.

If you're computer is gonna cook itself, I don't think one chassis fan will save it (or push it over thr edge).

I don't have any of these mysterious black wires you have coming out of your power supply. If you mean the black wire going into the molex connector, I think black is ground, and you can only insert it one way (the right way).