problem with profile...

hola:

recently install a new server with Win2003 and my WinXP (local) profile just
dissappear, when I look in "System Properties" (right click in "My
computer") , under the "Advance" tab, under profile settings I see my
profile with an "Account/Unknown" name. In Win2003 I use no profile with
the accounts just a simple script to attach share directories on the server
to network drive on the stations.

thanks for any help
ivan
1 answer Last reply
More about problem profile

    Try treating this as a corrupted profile as outlined in the following
    Knowledge Base Articles:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318011
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User
    Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    "ivanvalles" <ivan@this.is .my.addresss.me> wrote in message
    > hola:
    >
    > recently install a new server with Win2003 and my WinXP (local) profile
    > just
    > dissappear, when I look in "System Properties" (right click in "My
    > computer") , under the "Advance" tab, under profile settings I see my
    > profile with an "Account/Unknown" name. In Win2003 I use no profile with
    > the accounts just a simple script to attach share directories on the
    > server
    > to network drive on the stations.
    >

    > thanks for any help
    > ivan