Add and remove missing programs

Trying to use "Add or Remove" programs in XP sp2 but the majority of the
installed programs do not appear at all, (I get varying numbers according to
how I view i.e. By name, by size etc) Is there an easy way to refresh this?
Thanks in advance, Tinny
3 answers Last reply
More about remove missing programs

    Just because Windows XP has the Add or Remove Programs feature it doesn't
    mean your application will appear in the list.

    Do the programs end at particular letter in the alphabet? A maybe? If so,
    you may have a huge white space, scroll down in Add or Remove Programs to
    see if this is the problem.

    If it is...

    Courtesy of Kelly
    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Add or Remove - White Space
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws

    [[This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From
    here you can either remove the negative number or remove the last
    application listed:
    Start/Run/Regedit:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{} ]]

    AutoCad Fix
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autocadaddremovefix.zip

    Autodesk Land Desktop 3 Fix
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip

    ===

    I have AutoCAD LT 2000i. The white space in Add or Remove Programs usually
    shows up after the AutoCAD LT 2000i listing. If you want to tweak the
    registry...

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0065-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_SZ
    Value Data: C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2000i\aclt.exe,-1

    Notice the aclt.exe,-1?? You can change it to read aclt.exe,1

    Or you can run one of the fixes. I have both autocadaddremovefix.zip &
    autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip. They both include icons.
    autocadaddremovefix.vbs is the one that works for me. It's easier to use
    the fix than changing the -1.

    I get the white space in Add or Remove Programs every time that I add or
    remove a program. It isn't always AutoCAD LT that has the white space after
    it, sometimes it's another program. At any rate, one of the fixes will
    work. Until the next time. ;-)

    autocadaddremovefix.vbs adds an autocad.ico icon to the %systemroot%\web
    folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Value Data: %systemroot%\web\autocad.ico

    autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.vbs adds an acad.ico icon to the
    %systemroot%\web folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Value Data: %systemroot%\web\acad.ico
    -----
    ***
    From snowman...
    AutoCAD 2002 is
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    -----
    ***
    From anonymous poster...

    One application causes the problem for me. I just removed the reference to
    that program in regedit and the black spot dissapeared.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:mBy6e.20652$kr.8668@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net,
    Tinny <martin.penney@NOSPAMntlworld.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Trying to use "Add or Remove" programs in XP sp2 but the majority of the
    > installed programs do not appear at all, (I get varying numbers according
    > to how I view i.e. By name, by size etc) Is there an easy way to refresh
    > this? Thanks in advance, Tinny

    Just the trick,
    Thanks a lot, Tinny
> [...]
    > AutoCAD 2002 is
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    > {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    > -----
    > ***
    > From anonymous poster...
    >
    > One application causes the problem for me. I just removed the reference
    > that program in regedit and the black spot dissapeared.
    >

    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:mBy6e.20652$kr.8668@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net,
    > Tinny <martin.penney@NOSPAMntlworld.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Trying to use "Add or Remove" programs in XP sp2 but the majority of the
    >> installed programs do not appear at all, (I get varying numbers according
    >> to how I view i.e. By name, by size etc) Is there an easy way to refresh

    Tinny

    Keep having fun! :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:UVJ6e.7611$C2.1408@newsfe3-win.ntli.net,
> [...]
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    >> {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    >> -----
    >> ***
    >> From anonymous poster...
    >>
    >> One application causes the problem for me. I just removed the reference
    >> that program in regedit and the black spot dissapeared.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:mBy6e.20652$kr.8668@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net,
    >> Tinny <martin.penney@NOSPAMntlworld.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Trying to use "Add or Remove" programs in XP sp2 but the majority of the
    >>> installed programs do not appear at all, (I get varying numbers
    >>> according to how I view i.e. By name, by size etc) Is there an easy way
    >>> to refresh this? Thanks in advance, Tinny

Microsoft Windows XP