Virtual memory popup

What should I do when I recieve the "Windows is adjusting low virtual memory"
popup in taskbar? Does the system itself or do I change a setting? Thanks for
any information.
3 answers Last reply
More about virtual memory popup

    If you have Virtual Memory set to specific settings and you receive this
    message frequently, you probably should change your setup as follows. Open
    Control Panel, open System, go to the Advanced tab, go to the next advanced
    tab, under Virtual Memory, click Change, select "System managed size" and
    click ok. That should eliminate the problem.

    The system is currently doing it but because there is a specific size
    setting, it is alerting you it is resizing to accommodate current needs.

    --
    In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User
    Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    "Breadstick" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What should I do when I recieve the "Windows is adjusting low virtual
    > memory"
    > popup in taskbar? Does the system itself or do I change a setting? Thanks
    > for
    > any information.

    Thanks for the answer. I am up and running. It has helped already.

    "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > If you have Virtual Memory set to specific settings and you receive this
    > message frequently, you probably should change your setup as follows. Open
    > Control Panel, open System, go to the Advanced tab, go to the next advanced
    > tab, under Virtual Memory, click Change, select "System managed size" and
    > click ok. That should eliminate the problem.
    >
    > The system is currently doing it but because there is a specific size
    > setting, it is alerting you it is resizing to accommodate current needs.
    >
    > --
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.
    >
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >

    > "Breadstick" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > What should I do when I recieve the "Windows is adjusting low virtual
    > > memory"
    > > popup in taskbar? Does the system itself or do I change a setting? Thanks
    > > for
    > > any information.

    You're welcome, glad it worked for you.

    --

    > Thanks for the answer. I am up and running. It has helped already.
    >
    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> If you have Virtual Memory set to specific settings and you receive this
    >> message frequently, you probably should change your setup as follows.
    >> Open
    >> Control Panel, open System, go to the Advanced tab, go to the next
    >> tab, under Virtual Memory, click Change, select "System managed size" and
    >> click ok. That should eliminate the problem.
    >>
    >> The system is currently doing it but because there is a specific size
    >> setting, it is alerting you it is resizing to accommodate current needs.
    >>
    >> --
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.
    >>
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/mvp.aspx
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>

    >> "Breadstick" <Breadstick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > What should I do when I recieve the "Windows is adjusting low virtual
    >> > memory"
    >> > popup in taskbar? Does the system itself or do I change a setting?
    >> > Thanks
    >> > for
    >> > any information.

Virtual Memory Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP