Good registry cleaner/defrag prog

Markoni

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Can you tell me what registry cleaner/defrag program are you using?
I mean, I'm looking for a prog that is free and wan't f**k up windows during prolonged use.
If you could place a link for download that would be great!
I know how to google (don't think I'm lazy), but I need a recomendation from someone who is using it...(tired of installing win <for the first time>) :)

Thanks in advance!

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
A great, free registry cleaner is ccleaner, which can be downloaded from filehippo, or you can go through www.ccleaner.com. As for the defrag, I just use the Windows defrag in safe mode. With the 7200 or greater RPM drives defragging isn't near as important and useful as it used to be with the slower drives.

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
If you can, get your hands on TuneUp Utilities 2006 - that program not only has registry cleaners and defraggers but also has auto-optimize which can every now and again automatically in the backgroun perform maintenance procedures which free up resources and wasted disk space. Also this program has other nifty little features, like the ability to tweak parts of the OS i.e. change the Windows Theme and display the Windows version in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop. I even managed to fool some people into thinking I had Windows Vista :lol: Worth a look!!

Owwwwwwwwwww...nonitoav you have revived a thread from June 2006 more than four years old. Read the date of the post before posting to a thread and try not be wasted next time you log on.

Refer to this 'personal health advisor'.

hangover.gif