ntbackup using multiple DVD disks

April 11, 2005 3:24:02 PM

the ntbackup routine gives an error message when the first disk is full - the
only option at that point is to cancel - how do you backup to multiple DVD
disks?
April 11, 2005 7:03:20 PM

"dasngang" <dasngang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the ntbackup routine gives an error message when the first disk is
> full - the
> only option at that point is to cancel - how do you backup to multiple
> DVD
> disks?

The only media type that the included NT Backup program supports for
spanning are tapes. You'll need a different backup program. The one
included in Windows NT/2000/XP Pro is a crippled version of Veritas
Backup Desktop Exec (and Veritas sold it off to Stomp).

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "NIXTHIS", add "#VS811" to Subject.
April 11, 2005 7:52:15 PM

"dasngang" <dasngang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the ntbackup routine gives an error message when the first disk is full -
> the
> only option at that point is to cancel - how do you backup to multiple DVD
> disks?
Ntbackup doesn't span discs.

This does.

http://www.stompsoft.com/backupmypc.html

I've used it successfully for several years. Last I checked a fully working
trial was available.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.