Office XP template download problem

I am running XP professional - recently updated.
Also recently updated Office with the latest service pack.
Running the latest Norton

Problem:: when visiting the site to download templates for officexp site as
follows for example:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC061191491033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011391701033

When I hit the Download now button nothing happens. It's supposed to open
another page that has a EULA with it I think and then it downloads.

Can someone help me with this?
Thank you.

Download requires a specific active x control to be installed on your
system. some security software may block the download and installation of
active x controls. One possible source of your problem is that you have
such a security application blocking active x installation. You might want
to check your antivirus software, firewall, ad blocking/popup blocking or
any other such software for options that might block the installation of
active x controls.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"Neysa Wilfong" <wilfongs@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I am running XP professional - recently updated.
> Also recently updated Office with the latest service pack.
> Running the latest Norton
>
> Problem:: when visiting the site to download templates for officexp site
> as follows for example:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC061191491033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011391701033
>
> When I hit the Download now button nothing happens. It's supposed to open
> another page that has a EULA with it I think and then it downloads.
>
> Can someone help me with this?
> Thank you.

Netsa

In addition to Michael's suggestions.

Control Panel>Internet Options>Security.

Make sure you are able to download and run signed activex controls.

I keep mine set to "prompt" rather than "enable" just so's I know when one is
being offered.

You will have to d/l an activex control in order to load the template.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:30:24 -0400, "Neysa Wilfong" <wilfongs@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I am running XP professional - recently updated.
>Also recently updated Office with the latest service pack.
>Running the latest Norton
>
>Problem:: when visiting the site to download templates for officexp site as
>follows for example:
>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC061191491033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011391701033
>
>When I hit the Download now button nothing happens. It's supposed to open
>another page that has a EULA with it I think and then it downloads.
>
>Can someone help me with this?
>Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS